PDA

View Full Version : Skip Dressed Vic Ash in Brisbane

aatw76
23rd May 2009, 06:52 PM
Howdy, long time reader, first time poster :D

Was wondering if anyone knew of a reasonably priced place to acquire some skip dressed Victorian Ash for a bed project I am planning?

I am after timber around 135x19, 135x12, 65x12 & something around the 175 to 200x32 sizings.

Is there an easy way to skip dress timber so that maybe I can buy something that is already dressed and give it the skip dressed look :2tsup:

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Simon

PS. Not against getting it in from interstate, just never freighted in timber before so not sure if this is an economically sound way to get timber as opposed to getting it locally.

Gaza
23rd May 2009, 07:30 PM
try britton timbers

aatw76
5th June 2009, 11:01 PM
:doh: Good point Gaza, drive past there every now and then and never thought to ask, always thought they were a trade only type place.

I have sent an enquiry off via their website, so we'll see what they say.

Cheers,
Simon

aatw76
20th June 2009, 06:17 PM
No reply to an email enquiry from their website or did they return either of the two phone calls I made.

Not exactly customer friendly :anoyd:

Shame, guess they don't need the business.

Cheers,
Simon

weisyboy
20th June 2009, 10:32 PM
you could buy rough adn dress it yourself.

or buy dressed get an ange grinder with a really corse disk (30 girt) and skip it along the board. the marks will look like saw marks.

pjt
21st June 2009, 12:50 AM
aa I have sent u a pm re vic ash

I have sent emails to busines places b4 and same as aa and no reply:((
What's the point of having a contact email thingy if they dont get back to u:?
Peter.

PJ's
23rd June 2009, 09:32 PM
can get this for wholesale but i'm on the sunshine coast send me a pm if i can help!:)

aatw76
28th June 2009, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the offers of help guys, excellent to know that many are willing to help a fellow member :2tsup:

I have decided to go with a different finish and look to the bed so normal run of the mill dar tassie oak will do fine, so have got my hands on some and have started my project :D

Thanks again,
Simon