PDA

View Full Version : NEW accu-line drawing grid

hughie
24th May 2009, 10:19 PM
Ran across this on my travels and located the Oz supplier. Got it home unwrapped the plastic grid and set about giving it a good work out.

Its covered in microscopic pyramids that catch the pen, pencil or most any pointed drawing instrument.Theres about 230,000 of these pyramids and it comes in A4 and A3.made from polycarbonate plastic and is around .5mm thick. After giving it a good work out. I tested its durability as it is supposed to be highly durable.

So gave it a few vicious stabs with the ball pen I was using, it survived well, no real harm or damage.

I found it easy to control and draw a perfect straight line. Its a simple but very effective quick drawing grid for onsite drawing as stated on the web site.

http://www.accu-line.com.au/

Promo cost at present $29.90 plus shipping and handling,

YouTube - Accu line Industries Australia

Harry72
28th May 2009, 11:52 AM
That looks pretty handy for 2d drawing.

Christos
30th May 2009, 11:10 PM
It looks very nice. I think that it is really intended for the person doing the quotes for a certain jobs etc.

jake.ok
31st May 2009, 07:43 PM
yeah, dam good stuff,
im a builder and i have one. im always impressing new clients with my amazingly neat free hand drawing skills.
also my girls in the office have a few, along with my plumber, electrician, engineer, architect and interior designer -saves you so much time for any sort of drawing or graph/charts ect

:2tsup:

Lyle
21st July 2009, 10:37 AM
Is there a set size for the drawing pen/pencil?
Can you draw curves with it too. I noticed in the demo he apparently draws a curve on his plan where the door swings. But could you do larger freehand curves?

jake.ok
21st July 2009, 04:03 PM
Is there a set size for the drawing pen/pencil?
Can you draw curves with it too. I noticed in the demo he apparently draws a curve on his plan where the door swings. But could you do larger freehand curves?

the drawing grids come in A4 and A3 sizes, and the grooves in the polycarbonate grids are set at .5mm appart, there is actually 237,000 .5mmx.5mm pyramids embossed on each A4 grid which guide your pen (ant pen or pencil) in a straight line
it will not guide you to do curves but the accu-line australia company sell these awsome compass/protracor tools in one - check em out on there website www.accu-line.com.au (http://www.accu-line.com.au)

cheers
jake.
aspire constructions

allisa
21st December 2009, 05:27 PM
Unable to see this video, I know there will be some thing very useful in this clip and I missed it. I think that it is really intended for the person doing the quotes for a certain jobs etc.

Mike Wingate
21st January 2010, 05:07 AM
I had an acculine but left it in a pad, and it dissapeared. I must get another. The kids at school were amazed at my drawing skills. I do it in CAD nowadays, but it was great for a quick sketch.

Accu-lineAus
22nd January 2010, 04:57 PM
As the General Manager for Accu-line Australia - I have been made aware of this thread as we have had many happy customers purchase from us through the wood working site.

I would like to address some points raised in this thread in regards to Accu-line.

1.The accu-line is made of extremely durable high quality polycarbonate sheeting (polycarbonate is used in the highest grade suntough roofing that can handle 25years under the Australian sun!!) it is also made and manufactured in the USA adhering to strict quality control standards. I cannot comment on the quality of the Sketch-it Board as i have never seen one as i do believe they are not available here in Australia

2.We have never had a return yet! or any customer saying that their product is faulty and "warped" from being left in a vehicle. My husband who is the founder of Accu-line Australia is a builder who has used and continues to use his accu-line nearly every day for over 2 years and leaves his Accu-line tool in his Work Ute all day and has never had a problem.

We have had a great review by Stuart Lees (im sure many of you know his Blog Stu's Shed) and im sure he is a regular around here as well! The link to this review can be found here:Continuing my backlash against CAD Stu’s Shed (http://stusshed.wordpress.com/2009/09/16/continuing-my-backlash-against-cad/)

Accu-line has featured on CHANNEL 9 in Perth, DESIGN BUILD, NATIONAL TRADESMAN EXPO, AUSTRALIAN LANDSCAPE EXPO, HIA KITCHEN AND BATHROOM insite night, MASTER BUILDERS ASSOC NSW trade nights, STU'S SHED and this year we are hoping to exhibit at the Sydney and Melbourne WORKING WITH WOOD shows.

Below is a list of just a few of the businesses that have purchased and use our products:

Australian Federal Police – Forensics
Aurecon
Bath Warehouse
Central Goldfields Shire Council
Complete Interior Designs
Deco Glaze Glass Splashbacks Australia
Gecko Groundworks
Independent Floors
Innotech Site Services
McArdle Freight
Naylor Love Constructions – New Zealand
Northlea Homes
Otago Polytechnic College – New Zealand
Pumps Australia
Sydney Wardrobes
Water Corporation

If anyone has any questions regarding our products please feel free to contact me - as i will be more than welcome to hear from you.

And thankyou to the many woodworkers that have purchased our products from here.

Cheers,

Liza Kearns
General Manager
Accu-line Australia
[email protected]
www.accu-line.com.au (http://www.woodworkforums.com/www.accu-line.com.au)

Groggy
23rd January 2010, 07:49 PM
Due to some extraordinary coincidences and IP addresses matching those of a competing company, posts have been removed and edited to remove all trace of negative comments and opposing advertising.

All members and readers should note that this forum is for product reviews and it is neither polite nor ethical (or allowed) to hijack the thread by advertising another product. If you want to flog your own product, don't be lazy, go and start your own thread or use the announcements forum. :((

I will point out the originator of the thread is a respected member of the forums who posted the information as a review for the benefit for other members, it was not advertising and, to the best of the forum administrator's and moderators knowledge, Hughie has no relationship to Accu-line other than as a customer.

If the thread appears a little strange it will be because I have removed posts that are referred to later by Accu-lineAus. However, since the response by Accu-line's GM adds information, it remains.

And now we return to our scheduled programming...

TTIT
23rd January 2010, 11:34 PM
Gee thanks Hughie:~ - something else I just have to have :B. I reckon it would be brilliant for my 'inventing' at home and doing up rough drawings of my worksites for wireless and cabling surveys.
How big a difference does the grade of paper make??? I use photocopy paper most of the time - too thick????

hughie
24th January 2010, 09:51 AM
- something else I just have to have :B. I reckon it would be brilliant for my 'inventing' at home and doing up rough drawings of my worksites for wireless and cabling surveys.
How big a difference does the grade of paper make??? I use photocopy paper most of the time - too thick????[/QUOTE]

Vern, Not sure if any paper is better or worse. I just swipe the paper out of the printer and it works fine. :U

Any way they are not expensive I think they are still around $30 for the grid and I think they chuck in a compass to boot.

metester
21st February 2010, 06:13 PM
I received mine and used it when drawing up the measurements for a table I am making. It was very easy to use and made for an accurate and straight drawing that I was able to use throughout the project. Thoroughly recommend.