PDA

View Full Version : A little unexpected bonus from GMC

derekcohen
27th June 2004, 10:34 PM
Those who follow the router threads will have read about (and perhaps participated in) the recent enthusiasm about purchasing that $39 fixed-base GMC router. Many will know that I bought one to install in my router table, which freed up my big 1/2" Elu plunge router for general use.

One of the uses I put my Elu to is cutting mortices. Up till recently I have used straight bits. These have performed quite well, but the recommended mortice-cutting bit has always been a spiral upcut. I bought one a while back but did not use it as it is a 1/4" shank. I could not get one in a 1/2" shank locally. I did get an insert for the 1/2" collar, but chickened out as I was not happy with the tightness of the fit. I therefore planned to use the bit with my little Makita 1/4" machine.

What has this got to do with the GMC? Well today I remembered that the GMC came with both a 1/2" and 1/4" collar. Out of curiosity I decided to see if the 1/4" collar would fit the Elu - and it did!!! As if it were made for it!!!

So now I can use 1/4" bits in the Elu as well.

Perhaps this may work for you as well.

Regards from Perth

Derek

Gumby
27th June 2004, 10:40 PM
price has been increased accordingly.please send $10 !!!

:):)