PDA

View Full Version : what do you think of this car?

mic-d
1st June 2009, 08:52 PM
Spotted this Beemer (http://digiads.com.au/car-news/latest-LUMMA-news/2009_LUMMA_BMW_X6_CLR_X_650_200811/photos_0.html) a couple of times and it looks nasty, in a good way, the ultimate urban assault weapon. Apparently it's a bit polarising, what do you think? Personally I'd have one.

Cheers
Michael

AUSSIE
1st June 2009, 09:07 PM
A non car persons car .It doesn't cut it at all.Like an 18 year old's first attempt at doing it themselves.:roflmao::yuk::yuk::yuk:

Skew ChiDAMN!!
1st June 2009, 10:24 PM
With bling like that, who needs performance? :rolleyes:

mic-d
1st June 2009, 11:02 PM
I meant the X6 (http://www.bmw.com.au/com/en/newvehicles/x6/overview.html) in general:roll:

Cheers
Michael

AUSSIE
1st June 2009, 11:56 PM
I meant the X6 (http://www.bmw.com.au/com/en/newvehicles/x6/overview.html) in general:roll:

Cheers
Michael
Well that is different.
The V8 FOR ME That is if you are buying.How much is that one ?

ian
2nd June 2009, 12:53 AM
Spotted this Beemer (http://digiads.com.au/car-news/latest-LUMMA-news/2009_LUMMA_BMW_X6_CLR_X_650_200811/photos_0.html) a couple of times and it looks nasty, in a good way, the ultimate urban assault weapon. Apparently it's a bit polarising, what do you think? in a word UGLY

the rear end looks like a storm trooper's face mask

"ultimate urban asault weapon" ??? look at those rubber band tyres, they're only suitable for really SMOOTH bitumen or a race track

now if it looked more like this ...
http://www.leevalley.com/images/item/Woodworking/Planes/05p7001s3.jpg

I might have a different opinion

mic-d
2nd June 2009, 07:54 AM
Well that is different.
The V8 FOR ME That is if you are buying.How much is that one ?

Don't know how much and not buying either, we're still happy with our diesel Prado.:)

Cheers
Michael

Woodlee
4th June 2009, 09:56 PM
I'd prefer this ,but at $173,000.00US I wont be getting one.:no:
and also I got no hair for the wind to blow around while driving it.

Kev.

wheelinround
4th June 2009, 09:58 PM
wonder what Dingo's driving over there:roll:

mic-d
4th June 2009, 10:05 PM
I'd prefer this ,but at $173,000.00US I wont be getting one.:no:
and also I got no hair for the wind to blow around while driving it.

Kev.

Don't you think there's something not quite right about the windscreen? Can't put my finger on it.

Cheers
Michael

Denno20
11th June 2009, 03:21 AM
It's like a pug dog, so ugly it's cute, or in this case, so ugly that it's kinda alright... If that makes sense. Don't like the dicky spotties on the front, the audi 5 lights strip thing looks pretty cool, although maybe they're a little too low.

From side on it looks tough, from the rear it looks awkward, and from the front it looks too much like their 4-wheeler (X5 is it?), maybe need to rethink those big nostrils...

tea lady
11th June 2009, 10:08 AM
:doh::no: Why does it have nostrils on the back too? :think: The skirts are just bolted on. Little line of lights are from a $2 shop. Would have been better if the body was moulded in one smooooooooooth shape. I like my cars to look normal, then burn the bastards off at the lights anyway. :p

Harry72
13th June 2009, 01:39 AM
Spotted this Beemer (http://digiads.com.au/car-news/latest-LUMMA-news/2009_LUMMA_BMW_X6_CLR_X_650_200811/photos_0.html) a couple of times and it looks nasty, in a good way, the ultimate urban assault weapon. Apparently it's a bit polarising, what do you think? Personally I'd have one.

Cheers
Michael

Looks like a yanky "tuner" has got a hold of a euro car and spoiled it.

AUSSIE
13th June 2009, 09:09 AM
Looks like a yanky "tuner" has got a hold of a euro car and spoiled it.
Are you talking about the BMW !!!
Don't know about that Harry.I don't think the yanks would let it in the country.
Things like the strings of mini lights make me think 100% euro.:2tsup:and bad
The CHEV is a work of art though

glen boulton
13th June 2009, 11:24 AM
i love the lumma. it has a real gts flute look that turns heads. the eyelids are a small touch that transforms the family image to a real road warrior look. i would love to see the full flight photo's of it with the landing gear retracted and sitting on the deck.

as for the chev. that is sex on wheels, the 57 bel air and 58 impala is one of the most intimidating beasts ever unleashed to put fear into the eyes of the pursued. but in this case it gives a sexy gangster look.
love both cars for very different reasons
the side plate on the chev is 789... well i take my hat off when i see this badge...anyone who has sent anything down the quatermile knows to the do your run before it hits the launch pad. or no one will know you ever existed.
thanks woodlee
and thanks mic-d
its great to see people here have a great appreciation of designers hard work

arose62
13th June 2009, 04:38 PM
Looks like a sport shoe to me.

mickelmaster
14th June 2009, 08:54 AM
A v8 means nothing im most beamer btw, theres barely and difference besides the petrol bill...

Horsecroft88
15th June 2009, 06:09 PM
No thanks !! I am not a fan of either the Beemer as posted on the thread or any Yank Tanks. I am an Italian car fan first and foremost, and have never owned anything other than Alfas and Fiats :2tsup:. Still working up to that Ferrari, though suspect it might never eventuate ! :D

Harry72
16th June 2009, 02:05 AM
Are you talking about the BMW !!!
Don't know about that Harry.I don't think the yanks would let it in the country.
Things like the strings of mini lights make me think 100% euro.:2tsup:and bad
The CHEV is a work of art though

Come on, 23" wheels a bulbous bodykit and plenty of bolt on bling.... straight out of the yanky tuner scene.:no:

Chikoroll
18th June 2009, 11:13 PM
strangely enough, i like it

kinda has the new mustang look to it...

...actually scrap that car, lets get the new mustang:2tsup:

Woodlee
21st June 2009, 12:14 AM
i love the lumma. it has a real gts flute look that turns heads. the eyelids are a small touch that transforms the family image to a real road warrior look. i would love to see the full flight photo's of it with the landing gear retracted and sitting on the deck.

as for the chev. that is sex on wheels, the 57 bel air and 58 impala is one of the most intimidating beasts ever unleashed to put fear into the eyes of the pursued. but in this case it gives a sexy gangster look.
love both cars for very different reasons
the side plate on the chev is 789... well i take my hat off when i see this badge...anyone who has sent anything down the quatermile knows to the do your run before it hits the launch pad. or no one will know you ever existed.
thanks woodlee
and thanks mic-d

its great to see people here have a great appreciation of designers hard work

I think the 789 stands for the mix of the three different models it's based on

57 front ,58 midsection and 59 rear end .
Had a link (http://www.n2amotors.com/cars.html) to the home page for this vehicle ,cant seem to find it .
The chassis and all the running gear is the latest Camaro ,all the Camaro interior and power plant is in there as well.

And I agree it's a very sexy car , too bad for me it's so far out of my reach .

Edit : Found the link as above

Kev.

artme
21st June 2009, 07:32 PM
Love the look of the 789!!!

Never really been a fan of BMtrouble you styling.