PDA

View Full Version : Apple - Hairy Oak

ElizaLeahy
10th June 2009, 05:57 PM
I do realise that these two aren't connected! But I haven't turned either yet, so I'm on the look out for a small amount, maybe a couple of pen blanks in each?

I'm happy to either pay but more happy to swap, fund being low. PM me if you are interested!

robyn2839
11th June 2009, 08:10 PM
you can have some of my hairy oak eliza but i have no apple sorry..bob

ElizaLeahy
11th June 2009, 08:40 PM
Bob, in a couple of weeks I'll bring you up some mango - but it will be green :)

robyn2839
11th June 2009, 08:46 PM
thank you Eliza i have mango,so you hang on to it ,i have some more species here and you are most welcome give me a buzz closer to the day..bob

Frank&Earnest
11th June 2009, 11:45 PM
Funny coincidence: I put my hands today on a cylinder of apple wood roughed many years ago, 36mm diametre 210 long. You can have it if it suits you.

mmhv
13th June 2009, 10:27 PM
hi, did you want to purchase some hairy oak to make pens?can post up to 20kg australia wide if interested.mark and melissa

robyn2839
13th June 2009, 11:18 PM
what sort of price for it thanks?.bob

mmhv
16th June 2009, 06:15 PM
Hi, are you wanting to buy a small amount of hairy oak to make pens?what would you pay for a 3kg piece?log or slab?postage would be $10.00.
Thanks melissa

mmhv
16th June 2009, 06:17 PM
hi, what is apple hairy oak? Thanks melissa

ElizaLeahy
16th June 2009, 06:34 PM
thank you Eliza i have mango,so you hang on to it ,i have some more species here and you are most welcome give me a buzz closer to the day..bob

I have to give you something! I'd give you some that Derek gave me - but you gave it to Derek, so that would be a bit pointless ;)

Hmmm, do you like cookies?

ElizaLeahy
16th June 2009, 06:36 PM
Funny coincidence: I put my hands today on a cylinder of apple wood roughed many years ago, 36mm diametre 210 long. You can have it if it suits you.

Frank and Earnest... lol

Thanks for the offer, I'll see if I can get some locally. I don't have a bandsaw, so was hoping someone would have bits already cut into - errr - bits :)

Does apple wood smell nice?

robyn2839
16th June 2009, 08:30 PM
if you like bring some apple and i will cut it for you eliza...bob

robyn2839
16th June 2009, 08:32 PM
how much are you asking for 20kgs delivered to 4511.bob

Frank&Earnest
2nd July 2009, 09:28 PM
Frank and Earnest... lol

Thanks for the offer, I'll see if I can get some locally. I don't have a bandsaw, so was hoping someone would have bits already cut into - errr - bits :)

Does apple wood smell nice?

Sorry for the delay Eliza, I am not spending much time on line these days. My comment was rather off the cuff but I did not mean to pull your leg. I was thinking of quartering the cylinder lengthwise and sending it to you in an envelope, if you thought it would still work for pens, spillikins etc. All I would get out of it is a tool handle, better to sponsor an artist... :wink:

quercus
19th July 2009, 10:06 PM
just been pruning some apples and pears today actually. If you want to pay postage, I will send it to you in a week or so. Just tell me what sizes you want. The biggest section I would have in apple would be about 100 mm diameter, not sure if that is big enough. They are slow growing trees, so nice and dense.

ElizaLeahy
20th July 2009, 10:02 AM
Yes please! I'll PM you.

:)

robyn2839
2nd August 2009, 06:22 PM
clean your message box out Eliza it is full......bob

ElizaLeahy
12th August 2009, 08:29 AM
Hi Bob, cleaned out now.

I'll send you a PM see when we can get together :)

Travis Edwards
23rd October 2009, 08:54 PM
Hey eliza I dont have apple or hairy oak,( I could get some roadside apple easily however.) but I do have some nice ti tree with quite a bit of birdseye and some redgum and plenty of other stuff and would be willing to swap some for some mango. The ti tree is green at the moment. I would be able to rough saw it to approximate sizes for you.

http://www.woodworkforums.com/members/travis-edwards/albums/sunday-slab

This link will show you some of the ti tree and redgum which I cut last week

Travis