PDA

View Full Version : New GMC Scroll Saw

Enraf
1st July 2004, 03:23 PM
Hi I'm a newbie.
I've been looking at a moderately priced Scroll Saw and homed in to the GMC... I got a little puzzled at my local Bunings Store so I emailed GMC.

These are edited replies from GMC to my enquiry:
".....The $98 is the choice for mine, but keep your eyes pealed as there is a new saw due out for fathers day with all the features....."

My response:
"....At what price? What features?..."

The reply:
".....It has a laser guide line variable speed and pin or pinless blade mount, the price hasn’t been supplied to us yet...."

Father's Day is 5th September

Enraf

oges
1st July 2004, 07:31 PM
Im thinking the laser guide would get annoying after a while making it hard to see the line you are trying to follow, plus I cant say I cut a great deal of straight lines for a laser guide to be helpful anyway, oh well be interesting to see what improvements have been made.

scooter
4th July 2004, 05:45 PM
Gday Enraf, welcome aboard :) .

I have the $98 saw GMC would have been referring to, OK for a cheapie, need to get pinless blade adaptors and some decent blades tho', the GMC blades are too coarse.

Be interesting to see what the new saw is like, been in the wings for a while. I'd hang out for it to arrive, have a captain cook then decide, the older model could well be reduced to clear.

Make sure you keep up with the scrollers forum here, lots of useful info in the archives and some knowledgeable people just a question away.

Good luck scrolling (and contributing to the forum!).......cheers.....Sean

Robert WA
4th July 2004, 06:40 PM
Here is the "new" jigsaw, complete with laser.
It is already out in the US.

http://www.gmcompany.com/?ppage=article&particle_uuid=1A5B7363-AAF2-4AD7-996E8BDD5C2B36AB

Robert WA
4th July 2004, 06:43 PM
Whoops. Scroll saw, not jig saw. I should read the posts better, huh?

fxst
5th July 2004, 04:45 PM
those senior moments tend to sneak up on ya quicker nowdays :D

OldAussie
11th August 2004, 11:57 PM
Take a look here http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=5799&page=2