PDA

View Full Version : Candlestick

Ad de Crom
12th June 2009, 06:00 AM
Turned from a cut off leftover piece of alder yesterday a candlestick.
350mm tall, and 120mm at the base.
Was a fun to consume on this way a leftover piece.
Thanks for looking.
Cheers, Ad

oldiephred
12th June 2009, 08:42 AM
Very nice Ad:2tsup:

Woodwould
12th June 2009, 09:08 AM
I like it! I forgot how nice Alder can be.

Ed Reiss
12th June 2009, 12:05 PM
...yet another nice piece Ad !! :2tsup:

wheelinround
12th June 2009, 01:14 PM
Thats what I call a smick stick holder :2tsup:

lovely shape Ad that Alder has some beaut grain on everything you have done with it.

Ray

jefferson
12th June 2009, 01:20 PM
Very nice Ad (again). So how long have you been turning?

And what sort of spindle gouges do you use? I''ve got some Hamlet "German" gouges, plus some HT European gouges and they work so differently. Just wondering....

Jeff

orificiam
12th June 2009, 09:40 PM
Nice work Ad :2tsup::2tsup: Congrats. Keep them coming.
Cheers Tony.:)

Ad de Crom
13th June 2009, 04:44 AM
Thank you all guys :2tsup:
Ad :)

Ad de Crom
13th June 2009, 05:18 AM
Very nice Ad (again). So how long have you been turning?

And what sort of spindle gouges do you use? I''ve got some Hamlet "German" gouges, plus some HT European gouges and they work so differently. Just wondering....

Jeff
Hi Jeff, I started in 2002 with woodturning, after building my lathe.
I have and use different gouges under which, a roughing gouge and two spindle gouges, they are Dutch tools, branch name ''nooitgedagt'', very good HSS tools. Also a ''nooitgedagt'' skew. Beside that I'm using often detail gouges 12mm and 10mm.
Got these detail gouges and a parting tool and also another spindle gouge from my fishing mate, he was a woodturner too, but he ended with his woodturnings a long time ago. These tools are F Rubens ''German'' tools, and are pretty old tools ( see picture), but as all German tools very good. In fact the detail gouges are my favorite tools.
For hollowing jobs I have bowl gouges, but since I build my hollowing rig, I don't use these bowl gouges not so often, so that means that I love it to work with the hollowing rig. Have a half dozen more other tools.