PDA

View Full Version : Fixing Table tops to Table Base

Warrigal
23rd January 2002, 02:19 PM
Can anyone tell me where I can get manufactured table clips from. ie: Clips made from steel used to hold a table top to its base. To be mainly used on coffee tables.

I currently use wooden buttons that I make in the workshop or table clips fashioned from flat stel rod but am looking for an easier less time consuming source. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I live in Sydney.

Many thanks

Gary

Kev Y.
23rd January 2002, 03:01 PM
Gary, if you are refering to the clips that resemble two flat washers joined together, then any decent hardware store SHOULD stock them, I needed some myself to finish a project just after christmas, picked them up from my local "home hardware" store. think they cost about 20c each.

Kev.

Warrigal
23rd January 2002, 03:09 PM
Hi Brudda,

Unfortunately the two joined washer thing isn't it. (I don't think it is anyway) The clips in question are regulary used by Freedom and other large commercial furniture stores. One end of the clips fit into a slot cut into the table base frame, say 10mm from the top edge and the other end is screw up into the underside of the table top. (I hope this isn't too confusing.

Cheers

Gary

[This message has been edited by Warrigal (edited 23 January 2002).]

John Saxton
23rd January 2002, 08:32 PM
Stoppers,arn't they referred to as "buttons"?

Rod Smith
23rd January 2002, 08:39 PM
G'day
I think their called Z clips.
Cheers
Rod

Shane Watson
23rd January 2002, 10:11 PM
I think Gary is referring to the top one rather than the figure 8 clip.
http://members.dingoblue.net.au/~watfen/Tableclips.JPG

Check your yellowpages under Cabinet Makers' Supplies.
Or have a look at this search I just did in the yellowpages website. Any of them should be able to help.
http://www.yellowpages.com.au/yp/search/business_type_results.jhtml?breadCrumbLevel=0&breadCrumbString=&categoryId=9000423&categoryName=Cabinet+Makers%27+Supplies&parents=&pLN =&commName=kitchen&pState=&pArea=&pSA=false&pMetroArea=1&pOtherArea=&pDays=&pHours=&pBrand=&pPayment=&pP=&pIA=&pShowZoned=true&searchType=refine&isSuper=

ok, looks like you will need to cut&paste all that crap into your browser. By the way, that pic was scanned from the latest Lincoln Sentry cattledog....

Cheers!

[This message has been edited by Shane Watson (edited 23 January 2002).]

Warrigal
29th January 2002, 12:29 PM
Thanks to all for your comments, especially thanks to Shane. I managed to order some clips from Lincoln Sentry. Thanks again.
Gary