PDA

View Full Version : Lathe Tailstock

zeddy19
19th June 2009, 12:54 PM
Does anyone know where i can get a tailstock for my wood lathe? Used or new does not matter. In adelaide pref.
The old cast iron one broke and i dont know how to fix it.. thanks

Big Shed
19th June 2009, 01:05 PM
I think you may have to give people just a little bit more information, such as make of said wood lathe, age, what does the tail stock look like (ie a picture perhaps?)

zeddy19
19th June 2009, 01:13 PM
Picture (http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/p/wood-lathe-bell-carroll)

Thanks big_shed.. was only first ever post.. New to all this. Hope the picture helps.. The lathe is second hand but still fairly new.

I am looking for a replacement tailstock for my lathe as the old cast iron one broke. Pref. a place in adelaide. Either that or a way of fixing the old one.

bowl-basher
19th June 2009, 04:50 PM
think you may have to try again as I don't see no pic
Regards
Bowl basher

Ashore
19th June 2009, 05:44 PM
Umm.. try clicking on the word Picture (http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/p/wood-lathe-bell-carroll) , its there :doh:

Skew ChiDAMN!!
19th June 2009, 05:55 PM
Because those lathes have a poor resale value, many owners convert them into faceplate sanders when they move on to bigger & better lathes. I did... and I should still have the tailstock rattling around somewhere but, frankly, I've no idea where it'd be. :~

Hopefully someone closer to Adelaide will have done the same and can spare you their tailstock...

(Or you could buy an MC900 and do the same conversion yourself. :innocent:)

artme
19th June 2009, 06:02 PM
Because those lathes have a poor resale value, many owners convert them into faceplate sanders when they move on to bigger & better lathes. I did... and I should still have the tailstock rattling around somewhere but, frankly, I've no idea where it'd be. :~

Hopefully someone closer to Adelaide will have done the same and can spare you their tailstock...

(Or you could buy an MC900 and do the same conversion yourself. :innocent:)

Absolutely the best thing to do with those horrible little beasts.

thefixer
19th June 2009, 09:19 PM
Hi Zeddy19

I can send you the tailstock without threaded rod or live centre. PM your details and I will post it to you.

Cheers
Shorty