PDA

View Full Version : Toy Parking Garage

KevinR
21st June 2009, 07:34 PM
Hi All

Thought I would take the opportunity to share my latest project with you.

As a newbie to this forum several months ago I was looking for a plan to make a toy parking garage for my grandson. Unfortunately didn't have much luck on the forum or for that matter anywhere else so took the bull by the horns, started from scratch and ended up drawing up my own plan which was an interesting exercise given that I don't have any training or experience in that field.

Found Google Sketchup was a great tool at the end for giving me a 3D conceptual image which my brain wasn't capable of producing from my 2D plan.

Anyway I learned a lot along the way, had a lot of fun and produced a toy that my grandson at least reckons is pretty good to play with.

Only problem was I made it a little large (700mm x 750mm base and almost 750mm high) and it wont fit through some of the doorways in the house. Still I guess at that size it wont get shifted very often.

Here are a couple of pictures for anyone interested in taking a squiz.

Regards to all
Kevin

Ruddy
21st June 2009, 09:34 PM
Great Job Kevin,
I know kids love garages, I made one quite a few years ago for one of my grandsons and he still plays with it. Great effort Kevin..
Ruddy

keju
24th June 2009, 09:51 PM
looks perfect! I think it's a good thing you didn't find a plan for the garage....yours is much better then any plan I've ever seen for one!
You should be proud of yourself :)

Juvy

ashcook
24th June 2009, 09:58 PM
I think it looks great Kevin. I had a similar thing when I was a kid for my matchbox cars. I had one of those rugs with a map on it and of cause the garage was at the end of one of the roads.

Well, done!

Ash

AUSSIE
24th June 2009, 10:02 PM
Great Job.
Big kids love garages as well.I am 62 and still have the one I got as a kid.Mobil flying horse with a roller door.It is packed away that well I cant find it.I hope the kids get as much enjoyment out of your garage as I got out of mine as a kid:2tsup: