PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Creative Pieces for community exhibition - wood supplied

PaulM
29th June 2009, 08:42 PM
A WA community group I'm involved with is having an environmental exhibition in November and we'd like to show off some creative pieces of woodworking made from local timber. The idea is to highlight the value of the native vegetation in the area by showcasing the beauty and quality of the local timber.

Now I've got plenty of timber (mostly jarrah, some marri and wandoo) that I milled 4 years ago from large salvaged trees (otherwise destined to be mulched). I've used a lot of it in the house I've just built (wide floorboards, slab sills, etc...) and have lots of offcuts that would be great for turning an other finer uses. I'm happy to donate the wood if some other gents would be willing to create some fine pieces. There is some spectacular curley grain and lots of natural edging amongst the wood.

Contact me by PM. I'll try to put in so pics on the roleybushcare website.

Cheers.

grahamg1
30th June 2009, 09:31 AM
A WA community group I'm involved with is having an environmental exhibition in November and we'd like to show off some creative pieces of woodworking made from local timber. The idea is to highlight the value of the native vegetation in the area by showcasing the beauty and quality of the local timber.

Now I've got plenty of timber (mostly jarrah, some marri and wandoo) that I milled 4 years ago from large salvaged trees (otherwise destined to be mulched). I've used a lot of it in the house I've just built (wide floorboards, slab sills, etc...) and have lots of offcuts that would be great for turning an other finer uses. I'm happy to donate the wood if some other gents would be willing to create some fine pieces. There is some spectacular curley grain and lots of natural edging amongst the wood.

Contact me by PM. I'll try to put in so pics on the roleybushcare website.

Cheers.
Hi PaulM,I am very much a new chum to turning bowls,but have done a bit of spindle work before.I would be happy to have a go as I have produced a few quite nice weedpots & odds & ends over the last few months.If you agree I would be quite happy to pay the post for a few pieces of timber & see how I go,sending the best example back.Let me know what you think,Cheers for now,Graham (grahamg1)