PDA

View Full Version : New Laser Engraver

Willo Wilson
1st July 2009, 12:49 AM
Hello all,

I have noticed a lot of discussion Re Laser Engravers. I just lashed out and bought an Epilog 35 watt ( top brand from the US) and I believe it will be able to do most things you guys are asking. It does awesome work!!!

I actually bought the machine of the Buy Sell and Swap site here. If I can be of any help please send me an email.

I notice many of you do pens .....do you also do timber cases?

Cheers Willo:2tsup:

Mike Wingate
1st July 2009, 04:45 AM
My dept at school have just ordered a 30 watt Laserite cutter/engraver. I have seen lots of clip art with lettering projects, slotted and finger joint boxes. CD racks. Apart from writing my name on arrows, pens, leather engraving /tooling my quiver, router jigs, cutting and inlaying guitar and bass fingerboards, Trophies and signs, I am running out of ideas. I have a couple of CAD packages that I can export to the purpose built software, corel draw, adobe photoshop and illustrator. The table size is 1000 x 600mm (3' x 2') Any suggestions?

Willo Wilson
1st July 2009, 09:49 AM
My dept at school have just ordered a 30 watt Laserite cutter/engraver. I have seen lots of clip art with lettering projects, slotted and finger joint boxes. CD racks. Apart from writing my name on arrows, pens, leather engraving /tooling my quiver, router jigs, cutting and inlaying guitar and bass fingerboards, Trophies and signs, I am running out of ideas. I have a couple of CAD packages that I can export to the purpose built software, corel draw, adobe photoshop and illustrator. The table size is 1000 x 600mm (3' x 2') Any suggestions?

Hi Mike,

Check out these websites EPILOG.COM and Laserworx.net.au.....you'll get loads of ideas there.

Also look at Sawmill Creek Engravers Forum..........a US model of this Forum..............awesome source of info and ideas.

Cheers Ian

Mike Wingate
2nd July 2009, 02:42 AM
Thanks, I have been on Epilog's site, I will chase up the others.