PDA

View Full Version : SHORT STACK on Rove this Sunday

pawnhead
1st July 2009, 07:40 PM
:toot:

My son Andy's band Short Stack, will be appearing on Rove this Sunday;

"Quick, Tweet your mates - Short Stack are on Rove this Sunday! Australia’s biggest band on YouTube, they’ve had over 4 million plays on MySpace with over 1 million plays for their second single Princess alone.

Shaun Diviney, guitar and lead vocals
Andy Clemmensen, bass and vocals
Bradie Webb, drums

Channel [V] OZ Artist Of The Year Award in 2008
Over four million plays on MySpace with over one million plays for there second single Princess alone.
More than twenty five gigs around Australia, playing to a total audience in excess of fifty thousand fans.
Australia’s biggest band on YouTube with over 1.4 million views of the Short Stack TV series and video clips."
http://www.rovedaily.com.au/show-info-the-show-guest-short-stack.htm

Here is their new single:
PRINCESS

Here is the clip that launched them on Myspace, filmed on a mobile phone:
Sway Sway Baby!
It was the most watched music clip on Youtube on the day it was released, and they will be performing it on Rove.

Good luck boys, and let's hope we see some young superstars in the making. :2tsup:

:thewave:

Edit: If you could click twice on the clips above, then rate them five stars it would be much appreciated :wink:

watson
1st July 2009, 07:48 PM
Good on 'em.

Harry72
1st July 2009, 08:54 PM
They have done very well for themselves in a "short" time considering their age!
Your lad the bassist?
So how'd they come up with the name?(anything to do with Marshall stacks?)

pawnhead
3rd July 2009, 12:02 AM
Thanks Watson.
I've got a simultaneous thread (http://www.renovateforum.com/showthread.php?t=76747) in Announcements over at renoforums. I hope it's cool to give them a bump on sunday night?
They have done very well for themselves in a "short" time considering their age!
Your lad the bassist?
So how'd they come up with the name?(anything to do with Marshall stacks?)Yeh that's him. The sexy one (he gets that from me ;) )
They're all pretty short, and they came up with the name whilst eating pancakes, so the story goes. :wink:

Harry72
3rd July 2009, 12:50 AM
Mmmmmm pancakes

jmoor
5th July 2009, 11:58 AM
John,
You must be so proud of Andy (and Bradie / Shaun). They are a credit to their families for what they have achieved !
My daughter is a huge fan and has actually saved to fly to Melbourne with her 2 best friends to see Short Stack in concert. Just shows how much their fans love them :)
Their music / style may not be anyone's personal taste but I am just astounded at their marketing skills (and musical talent as they have me humming Princess around the house !). They have really found a unique way to get in touch with the youth market and deserve the pay off for what is obviously a lot of hard work.
Any band prepared to personally call over 1000 fans to say thanks for buying their single deserves their success ! (Regan won a call but it came while she was working ...... the voicemail from Bradie is now her most treasured possession)
It's great to see young Aussie boys becoming a success through talent and hard work.
Andy, Shaun & Bradie have given 3 young girls from Perth the opportunity to have the trip of a lifetime this week and I know I'll be hearing about it for months.
Please let the guys know that Regan, Tara and Chelsea think they are amazing (and Regan's mum does too ! LOL)
Congratulations to you and the other parents - you have obviously done a great job with these boys and I hope they keep going from success to success.
:2tsup:

pawnhead
5th July 2009, 12:16 PM
Thanks so much for the words of encouragement jmoor, and thanks again for the letter you sent me. I'll do the best I can, and I'll send you an email shortly. :2tsup:

Lignum
5th July 2009, 10:50 PM
:2tsup: very good pawnhead.... But those wigs:oo::D

watson
5th July 2009, 11:09 PM
Da boys Played hard....Done Good.

pawnhead
5th July 2009, 11:10 PM
Thanks Lignum :2tsup:
They're not wigs though. Believe it or not it takes hair stylists a bit of time to make their hair look so messed up. :U

pawnhead
5th July 2009, 11:13 PM
Thanks watson. :2tsup: (we must have posted at the same time)

jmoor
6th July 2009, 12:51 AM
The boys must be exhausted..... according to my girls they played up a storm at the concert and they certainly gave 200% on rove :D
Enjoy being the proud dad !

Lignum
24th August 2009, 11:09 AM
Well done on your son’s band knocking Michael Jackson off the top and having the new number one album :2tsup:

pawnhead
25th August 2009, 03:46 PM
Thanks for that jmoor and Lignum. It's great news for sure.
They didn’t sound their best on Rove, but I found out later that Shaun was ill at the time, so that might explain it. They normally do sound great live.

It's all a bit overwhelming for me seeing them doing so well from a humble start as a raw sounding band playing high school halls. I can't imagine how Andy feels but I suppose I could try, since I could post a pic of him being swamped by masses of young girls, all fawning over him. I don't mean to boast, but it's their own talent, ideas, and initiative that's got them so many fans on Myspace and Youtube, with their TV show, and the video they filmed on a mobile phone. Of course without the backing and investment of Universal, they'd have a hard time breaking out and becoming mainstream. It's great news about their album, and it looks like they may be out of the red if the momentum keeps up.

Of course I've got my fingers crossed that the momentum keeps up, beyond this album and on to the next. There's a lot more one hit wonders out there, than enduring success stories, but with a bit more luck, I reckon these guys have got the talent to become really big.

Anyway, I could ramble on for pages with anecdotes on the band and my experiences, but I don't want to sound like I'm bragging (http://www.woodworkforums.com/blog.php?b=58). ;)

So I'll just say thanks for the grats guys. :2tsup:

audio_princess
9th September 2009, 05:32 PM
i hope they do, do another abum. that would be so cool. their rove performance was awsumness. :D