PDA

View Full Version : I love Bunnings

Wongo
10th July 2004, 05:37 PM
This is my first Saturday post (I am at work :( ) so easy on me.

I went to buy so plywood for the dolls house this morning. I thought I should buy 2 pieces first as they were quite expensive (1220x915x9mm - $23). At the register the computer said it was only $13 each. I told them it must be a mistake because it should be $23 (I was right) not $13.

They said they would give it to me by the price on the computer even if it was wrong. So I thought that’s nice and asked them was it OK to get a few more? They had no problem with it so I ended up buying 5 of them.

$115 in total and I only paid $65 :rolleyes: . Oh good old Bunnings, I love that place.

Have a nice weekend. :)

ozwinner
10th July 2004, 06:20 PM
Thats terrible, taking advantage of poor Bunnings. :(

Good one........... :D

Al

zymurgy
10th July 2004, 09:52 PM
Nothing against Bunnings, but probably $12.95 elsewhere. :D

Dean
11th July 2004, 05:07 PM
I scored a $199 item for $119 once because they didnt even have the item on record and they just found the closest match with keywords :)

Guy
11th July 2004, 07:08 PM
Best deal I have got there at Bunnings was a Galaxy 12 ladder for $2.99 instead of $299. The girl said to me that was cheap but said if someone cant enter the detail right into the computer then thats your gain. Gave her my $3 and left.
Told a freind and he got the same deal, seceral weeks later one of the guys i know there told me they has sold over 1000 nationally at that price before it was noticed.

soundman
11th July 2004, 11:19 PM
How bright are these people???

How much margin must they have to make stupd mistakes like that?

how long would they last working for wollies or coles?

I gather they are modeling themselves on home depot in the states. Do home depot make similar mistakes?

do the american BB's have hate home depot threads?

are bunnings bright enough to read these posts?

does anybody care? :confused: :confused: :confused:

bsrlee
12th July 2004, 12:04 AM
My answers to Soundman's questions"

Not very :D

Enormous :p

Quite a long time - see above

Oh yes

Yeah - often longer, louder & stranger than anything you'll find here. Just subscribe to the 'Wreck' - rec.woodworking - via a news/usenet server :cool:

NO (read?) - if they did, they think any publicity is good publicity - they would make more from people buying something out of frustration than they would loose from mispricing.

Care about wot? :confused: