Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 48
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Warragul Vic
    Posts
    870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Acco View Post
    Hi Euge, will you be home later in the week? I have to go to Traralgon either Thursday or Friday, so could drop in and pick my copy up
    Yes mate expect to be... Thurs preferred .. not sure about Friday

  2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many





     
  3. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    East Warburton, Vic
    Posts
    1,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Euge View Post
    Yes mate expect to be... Thurs preferred .. not sure about Friday
    No worries, waiting on a call to let me know when my rake is ready to pick up, so I will text you when I get the call
    Cheers

    DJ

  4. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Nerang Queensland
    Age
    62
    Posts
    10,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Euge View Post
    Yes Neil, as its an IWCS publication I've long had an interest in it being revised, made available. This is the third revision but botanists and taxonomists keep changing names and genetic studies also contribute to constant change. This is as up to date as we could make it.
    Yeh I can understand. I've been chasing Morris at every meeting we have up here, but missed the last one, so typical missed the feedback.

    Look forward to seeing the new one as I use my current one it heaps. Shame it doesn't have photos though.

    It is impossible to ever be up to date, botanists are always arguing/reviewing the names. There are quite a few splits being considered too apparently with the acacias being my interest. A big one is apparently being suggested splitting the trees from the shrubs (sort of similar to the big eucalypt split a few years ago). On my last trip I collected a few acacias that I didn't recognise, the Dead Finish and Mulga from WA as they were totally different to the Qld ones. On speaking to Charlie there are a few acacia species being split also, e.g. there are at least 3 different Minirichie species (the Qld one and 2 in WA) still listed as the one species and about 5 Mulga's from different states to name a few (he's on a committee splitting them).
    Neil
    ____________________________________________
    Every day presents an opportunity to learn something new

  5. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Warragul Vic
    Posts
    870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dai sensei View Post
    Yeh I can understand. I've been chasing Morris at every meeting we have up here, but missed the last one, so typical missed the feedback.

    Look forward to seeing the new one as I use my current one it heaps. Shame it doesn't have photos though.

    It is impossible to ever be up to date, botanists are always arguing/reviewing the names. There are quite a few splits being considered too apparently with the acacias being my interest. A big one is apparently being suggested splitting the trees from the shrubs (sort of similar to the big eucalypt split a few years ago). On my last trip I collected a few acacias that I didn't recognise, the Dead Finish and Mulga from WA as they were totally different to the Qld ones. On speaking to Charlie there are a few acacia species being split also, e.g. there are at least 3 different Minirichie species (the Qld one and 2 in WA) still listed as the one species and about 5 Mulga's from different states to name a few (he's on a committee splitting them).
    I agree re coloured pics Neil, BUT that would add dramatically to the cost and costs are something we try and keep to a minimum.

    Yes, I am aware of many new species (which spin off varieties and subspecies) and especially in the Acacia. For example I was given some by a forester eg broad leaf Mulga and narrow leaf Mulga which will be assigned their own species name (I believe).

    As for "dead finish" (the Acacia tetragonophylla) in the west west is called Curara (or similar) although its wood is similar in appearance colour and density to the eastern species by this botanical name. .

    The other Eastern Dead Finish (Archidentropsis basaltica) as far as I know doesn't grow in the west. BUT I'm sure there are others called "dead finish" as its a popular name for one reason or other.

    So the changes and updates will always continue. To some its frustrating but I find it interesting as is evolution. Its the evolution of names, knowledge and understanding .

    Cheers, Euge

  6. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Warragul Vic
    Posts
    870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doug3030 View Post
    Hi Euge - I would like a copy please. Will Pm you postage details.

    Cheers

    Doug
    Hi Doug,

    As a priority, and as promised, your 2 copies of AT&S were sent in a EXPRESS satchel today. You should have them tomorrow, Tues.

    Cheers, Euge

  7. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Warragul Vic
    Posts
    870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Euge View Post
    This is an update.

    I expect to be picking up my box of AT&S on Sunday, 18 Aug. My plan is to post these out to those who have sent me PM and paid as soon as possible after that.
    From my records I see that 3 members (below) have not completed payment and request you complete this so postal delivery is not delayed.

    ACCO

    NCArcher

    Mobyturns

    Thank you all, Eugene (Euge)
    Just to let you all know, incl those above, that I have received your address and payments and thank you for your interest.
    I posted some books today & will be posting the remainder tomorrow (except ACCO) to those on the list from this announcement.

    Cheers, Euge

  8. #37
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Not far enough away from Melbourne
    Posts
    3,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Euge View Post
    Hi Doug,

    As a priority, and as promised, your 2 copies of AT&S were sent in a EXPRESS satchel today. You should have them tomorrow, Tues.
    That's awesome thanks Euge.

    That means I will have them in plenty of time to give the second copy to my Veterans and First Responders group when our leader comes down to Seymour in a couple of weeks.

    It will be a valuable reference for us to use in our projects.
    Doug3030's Open Shed Day 2019 - Sunday 6 October 2019, Hoppers Crossing
    See here for details:
    https://www.woodworkforums.com/f303/...-2019-a-224305

  9. #38
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Not far enough away from Melbourne
    Posts
    3,070

    Default

    Books have arrived, thanks Euge
    Doug3030's Open Shed Day 2019 - Sunday 6 October 2019, Hoppers Crossing
    See here for details:
    https://www.woodworkforums.com/f303/...-2019-a-224305

  10. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Warragul Vic
    Posts
    870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doug3030 View Post
    Books have arrived, thanks Euge
    Thanks for letting me know Doug.
    Some 7 other individual orders were posted today and the remainder will be posted tomorrow.

  11. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    moonbi nsw Aus
    Age
    65
    Posts
    1,853

    Default

    Euge,Could I put my hand up for a copy of the book? I will need your bank numbers etc.
    Just do it!

    Kind regards Rod

  12. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Warragul Vic
    Posts
    870

    Default

    Yes you can. Did I send you a pm? If not apologise. I will in next day or two with details. I will need your name & address (by PM) thanks for your interest & support for IWCS in correctly naming plants. 😊

    Cheers Eug

  13. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Sydney Upper North Shore
    Posts
    3,112

    Default

    Mine arrived yesterday Euge. A bit different than what I was expecting but it will be very useful I feel.

  14. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Warragul Vic
    Posts
    870

    Default

    Itís a revision of the other additions with updated names for trees & shrubs. At $20 good value IMO. But its not a picture book for identifying plants. Botanical identifications available on line or in books.

  15. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Warragul Vic
    Posts
    870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chambezio View Post
    Euge,Could I put my hand up for a copy of the book? I will need your bank numbers etc.
    Hi chambezio

    PM sent with details you need for a copy of the book.
    It is a listing of names for Australian Trees and Shrubs. No pictures.

    Cheers, Euge

  16. #45
    Boringgeoff is online now Try not to be late, but never be early.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Bakers Hill WA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    776

    Default

    My copy arrived safely this morning, thanks Euge.
    Cheers,
    Geoff.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. WANTED:WA Australian Trees and Shrubs-Common and Scientific Names and Toxic Properties
    By homesy135 in forum WANTED & WANTED TO BUY
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 27th Feb 2019, 10:22 AM
  2. Australian Wooden Boat Festival 2019
    By anewhouse in forum MISC BOAT RELATED STUFF
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 26th Feb 2019, 09:28 PM
  3. Identifying Trees & shrubs in SE Qld
    By Euge in forum TIMBER SPECIES GUIDES
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 1st Jun 2015, 07:54 PM
  4. planting trees/shrubs near colourbond fencing
    By Shannon in forum LANDSCAPING, GARDENING, OUTDOORS
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 3rd Jan 2007, 03:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •