Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Sad news

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Munruben, Qld
    Age
    79
    Posts
    10,028

    Default Sad news

    Sad news yesterday. My friend of many years passed away after a short battle with cancer diagnosed early this year. He was 57 years old. I have known him since he was 15 years of age. He is not significant to this forum but I just felt he was worth mentioning.
    RIP my friend.
    Reality is no background music.
    Cheers John

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    North Of The Boarder
    Age
    64
    Posts
    16,754

    Default

    John sorry for your loss it has become the scourge of todays society he is at least at rest.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Harmers Haven Victoria
    Age
    71
    Posts
    854

    Default

    John, my deepest sympathy. We too lost a lifetime friend last month. 61 was just too young.
    Michael

    Wood Butcher

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Munruben, Qld
    Age
    79
    Posts
    10,028

    Default

    appreciate your thought guys.
    Reality is no background music.
    Cheers John

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Eastern Australia
    Posts
    604

    Default

    I get into all sorts of problems with people with issues like this. At 19 my leg and a speeding car met and I spent a week in hospital
    . In the ward was an old man with bone cancer.
    One night his morphine was not enough to keep him in lala land and he screamed for God to save him. As the night progressed, he reverted to a child and screamed for mummy and daddy.
    At about 4 in the morning when he was fading out, they called in his wife
    At 19 I vowed I would not die of that, and I also understood that death can be a relief from a life that can not continue.
    So dont see death as a bad thing, we all will face it and it may be our relief from a living hell.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rrobor View Post
    I get into all sorts of problems with people with issues like this. At 19 my leg and a speeding car met and I spent a week in hospital
    . In the ward was an old man with bone cancer.
    One night his morphine was not enough to keep him in lala land and he screamed for God to save him. As the night progressed, he reverted to a child and screamed for mummy and daddy.
    At about 4 in the morning when he was fading out, they called in his wife
    At 19 I vowed I would not die of that, and I also understood that death can be a relief from a life that can not continue.
    So dont see death as a bad thing, we all will face it and it may be our relief from a living hell.
    ...amen mate...

    ...condolences...


  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pretty Sally Hill, Wallan Vic
    Age
    80
    Posts
    1,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by munruben View Post
    Sad news yesterday. My friend of many years passed away after a short battle with cancer diagnosed early this year. He was 57 years old. I have known him since he was 15 years of age. He is not significant to this forum but I just felt he was worth mentioning.
    RIP my friend.
    Sorry to hear of his passing John ... well worth mentioning mate.

    Allan
    Life is short ... smile while you still have teeth.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pakenham, Victoria
    Age
    48
    Posts
    350

    Default Re: Sad news

    Sorry to hear of your loss John. Way too young.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    NUBEENA TASMANIA AUSTRALIA
    Age
    66
    Posts
    548

    Default

    John,
    Any good mate, or good man is worthy of a final mention.
    I am sorry for your loss.

    Paul.
    I FISH THEREFORE I AM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Munruben, Qld
    Age
    79
    Posts
    10,028

    Default

    Thank you for your thoughts.
    Reality is no background music.
    Cheers John

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Age
    79
    Posts
    1,445

    Default

    It's hard in this way to lose a good friend, condolences with this terrible loss
    Ad

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Dundowran Beach
    Age
    72
    Posts
    19,917

    Post

    Sorry to hear that John.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Sanstone Point
    Posts
    296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HOOKED.UP View Post
    John,
    Any good mate, or good man is worthy of a final mention.
    I am sorry for your loss.

    Paul.
    This statement is very true and my same thoughts!

    Foo

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lambton, Newcastle, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    4,959

    Default

    Yes, condolences John. Long lasting mates like that are special and usualy more like brothers.
    Instagram: mark_aylward
    www.solidwoodfurniture.com.au


    A good edge takes a little sweat!!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Newtown Geelong
    Posts
    1,879

    Default

    Yes, condolences John. It took a bit of courage to write this.I too lost a mate in September.He moved to Tassie a few years ago and we kept in touch by phone.He didnt have a computer.In July he came over and stayed with us for a few days.He chased up some other mates and a couple of Rels.We had a good time telling stories etc.Bought some supplies,then went back to Tassie.Within a week he phones and said he had Lung cancer and they couldnt treat it.Well they gave him some but he passed away within weeks.He came to see us knowing he was very ill but didnt tell us.Luckily I took a good photo of him that I now treasure.Very hard John.
    Aussie
    Back To Car Building & All The Sawdust.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Good news and bad news...
    By jcostab in forum WOODTURNING - PEN TURNING
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 5th Apr 2009, 01:24 PM
  2. Some news on GMC
    By scorpio_oz in forum TRITON / GMC
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 8th Oct 2008, 12:32 PM
  3. Why??? Bad news
    By wheelinround in forum NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH WOODWORK
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10th Jun 2008, 06:28 PM
  4. Good News and Bad News
    By havenoideaatall in forum NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH WOODWORK
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 20th Feb 2007, 04:35 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •