Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Camden, NSW
    Age
    70
    Posts
    3,458

    Default A bit out of my depth.....

    “Uuuuuncle, do you know how hard it is to find a good doll’s house to suit Barbie dolls?”

    I should have known it was a trap. So, armed with a Barbie doll, a really tacky Barbie kitchen for scale and a couple of sheets of plywood I designed and made my first ever dolls house. This is now going to my niece to paint while I make the separate window, door and roof assemblies ....... after my road trip North!

    Get the beer cold 62Woollybugger!

    0741B760-787A-4BF4-B699-40F8729A9991.jpg 12F3499D-2919-4BBA-956C-E79A4FA12222.jpg

    The 2 verandah sections swing open for access and it will have a back..... I ran out of plywood

    fletty
    .... don’t vomit in the hire car!

  2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Age
    2010
    Posts
    Many





     
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Torquay
    Posts
    3,831

    Default

    Good old Uncle Al,

    Looking good

    Look forward to the next post

    Regards

    Keith

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sutherland Shire, Sydney
    Age
    67
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    This Uncle Al didn't have anything to do with the build, but the other Uncle Al has been a busy lad. Looks like the hand has improved considerably over the last few weeks, now spending a bit of quality time in the re-handled shed to the delight of a special niece.
    Just a matter of making a heap of scale model furniture now Fletty.

    Alan... (The real Uncle Al!)

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Camden, NSW
    Age
    70
    Posts
    3,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Al View Post
    This Uncle Al didn't have anything to do with the build, but the other Uncle Al has been a busy lad. Looks like the hand has improved considerably over the last few weeks, now spending a bit of quality time in the re-handled shed to the delight of a special niece.
    Just a matter of making a heap of scale model furniture now Fletty.

    Alan... (The real Uncle Al!)
    Spooky! The pretend Uncle Al currently on the train with the real Aunty Chris!
    .... don’t vomit in the hire car!

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Canterbury UK
    Age
    63
    Posts
    3,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fletty View Post
    “Uuuuuncle, do you know how hard it is to find a good doll’s house to suit Barbie dolls?”

    fletty
    I know that feeling I have just finish airbrushing a RC Car for the great grandson after the fatel words "Grandad can you paint a skull with flames" this was after he saw my riveted bowl.

    Why oh why do we always seem to say Yes I can

    Great job on the dolls house by the way shame on you for not painting it

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Dundowran Beach
    Age
    72
    Posts
    19,923

    Default

    Thank goodness my Grand sons have outgrown all that!!

    Nice job so far!

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sutherland Shire, Sydney
    Age
    67
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fletty View Post
    Spooky! The pretend Uncle Al currently on the train with the real Aunty Chris!
    Very strange coincidence indeed. Auntie Chris visited the real Uncle Al earlier in the day, and later in the day travelled to the city to attend a camera course. The pretend Uncle Al (Fletty) just happened to be attending the same course, and met up with Auntie Chris in the entrance foyer. After the course, they travelled home by train, again a coincidence, as they live in totally different directions, but Fletty was visiting his daughter on the same line as Auntie Chris.

    At about the same time, I posted a response to the dolls house build, which prompted a notification to Fletty, who in turn showed Auntie Chris, who in turn rang me to say she had seen my comment about the dolls house.
    Mass confusion consumed my mind, as I had no idea about the aforementioned meet up at the camera course, and then found myself chatting to the pretend Uncle Al when Auntie Chris handed him her phone.
    A lovely chat ensued until Fletty had to hand the phone back to Auntie Chris when he reached his destination.

    Talk about coincidences! I then had to explain to my wife about two Uncle Als, camera courses, dolls houses, trains, etc. etc.

    All good fun.

    Alan... (The real Uncle Al!!)

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Al View Post
    Very strange coincidence indeed. Auntie Chris visited the real Uncle Al earlier in the day, and later in the day travelled to the city to attend a camera course. The pretend Uncle Al (Fletty) just happened to be attending the same course, and met up with Auntie Chris in the entrance foyer. After the course, they travelled home by train, again a coincidence, as they live in totally different directions, but Fletty was visiting his daughter on the same line as Auntie Chris.

    At about the same time, I posted a response to the dolls house build, which prompted a notification to Fletty, who in turn showed Auntie Chris, who in turn rang me to say she had seen my comment about the dolls house.
    Mass confusion consumed my mind, as I had no idea about the aforementioned meet up at the camera course, and then found myself chatting to the pretend Uncle Al when Auntie Chris handed him her phone.
    A lovely chat ensued until Fletty had to hand the phone back to Auntie Chris when he reached his destination.

    Talk about coincidences! I then had to explain to my wife about two Uncle Als, camera courses, dolls houses, trains, etc. etc.

    All good fun.

    Alan... (The real Uncle Al!!)
    Sounds like seven degrees of uncles and auntie to me [emoji12]

    Cheers Matt

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Camden, NSW
    Age
    70
    Posts
    3,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simplicity View Post
    Sounds like seven degrees of uncles and auntie to me [emoji12]

    Cheers Matt
    Yeah, I couldn’t find a six fingered emoji either?

    However, a note for Auntie Chris, the museum found my Opal card and have posted it

    fletty (NOT aka Uncle Al)
    .... don’t vomit in the hire car!

  11. #10
    crowie's Avatar
    crowie is offline Life's Good, Enjoy each new day & try to encourage
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Faulconbridge, Lower Blue Mountains
    Age
    64
    Posts
    9,612

    Default

    G'Day Alan, I've sent you a few Barbie Doll's House items plans...cheers, Peter

    PS - Your house looks great!!

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Alabama usa
    Posts
    805

    Default

    Here's some ideas but don't show them or it's going to be a lot more work.
    There must be a shop.

    IMG_0641.JPG
    The shops up in the attic.
    IMG_0591.JPG
    And how about a pool table. LOL
    npniav8.jpgnpnicke.jpg

    And a bed.

    npnihoa.jpgnpnijzz.jpg

    If you wonder where the fancy bed covers come from their cut up baby's blouses from the thrift store.
    And the books are real books with 20 pages or more.

    nls9zt8.jpgnlsa1vk.jpg

    IMG_0698.JPG
    Sorry I got carried away but it was so much fun to make.

  13. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Albury Well Just Outside
    Posts
    13,303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by htl View Post
    ......Sorry I got carried away but it was so much fun to make.
    I agree you did get carried away and understand how that it needed to be fun in order to get so much details in this piece.

    I eagerly await for Fletty to create similar pieces? No pressure, no pressure.....well just a little bit.

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Camden, NSW
    Age
    70
    Posts
    3,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by htl View Post
    Here's some ideas but don't show them or it's going to be a lot more work.


    Quote Originally Posted by Christos View Post
    I agree you did get carried away and understand how that it needed to be fun in order to get so much details in this piece.

    I eagerly await for Fletty to create similar pieces? No pressure, no pressure.....well just a little bit.
    Nah, no pressure. That is magnificent work and obviously a labour of love but I won’t be trying to make anything like that masterpiece. Mine has been requested to be a home for Barbie (no mention of Ken?) and her plastic furniture for my niece’s 1 year old daughter.
    However, if my own grandurchins requested an heirloom piece............

    fletty
    .... don’t vomit in the hire car!

  15. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Torquay
    Posts
    3,831

    Default

    Hi Alan,

    This is the free site I used when I was making the furniture for the Royal Carraige a few years ago.

    Dollhouse Miniature Furniture - Tutorials | 1 inch minis

    Regards

    Keith

  16. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Darwin
    Posts
    192

    Default

    Great looking work. Note to self never show grand daughter this post. Going to have enough trouble when shed finished and grandson enters and his requests start flowing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. I'm out of my depth here
    By rod1949 in forum CNC Machines
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23rd Jul 2015, 11:25 AM
  2. fridges with depth
    By Reno RSS Feed in forum KITCHENS, BATHROOMS, THEATRES, etc
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20th Aug 2009, 02:20 PM
  3. What is your maximum depth of cut?
    By corbs in forum TRITON / GMC
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 13th Jan 2007, 09:00 AM
  4. Triton WC Depth of Cut
    By Carry Pine in forum TRITON / GMC
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 15th Oct 2006, 02:14 AM
  5. depth of cut
    By thedilettante in forum TRITON / GMC
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12th Jan 2003, 09:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •