Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 21 of 21
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Wollongong
    Age
    51
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
    Good stuff.

    I've always found that anything spent on stuff in the shed is too much, according to SWMBO.
    My wife has three horses. Horses are r-e-a-l-l-y expensive when you want to compete in eventing and dressage etc.

    So her argument against my toys is quickly countered!

    I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory...

  2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Age
    2010
    Posts
    Many





     
  3. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Millmerran,QLD
    Age
    69
    Posts
    7,857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paulver View Post
    My wife has three horses. Horses are r-e-a-l-l-y expensive when you want to compete in eventing and dressage etc.

    So her argument against my toys is quickly countered!

    Paulver

    I know at least one other prolific Forum member, who shall be nameless, but based in Perth, who uses the same argument. Another allows SWMBO unlimited access to shoes (Italian if my memory serves me right: That's the shoes), but will also be nameless and is equally prolific at the other end of the country in Minbun.

    Regards
    Paul
    Bushmiller;

    "Power tends to corrupt. Absolute power corrupts, absolutely!"

  4. #18
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    North of the coathanger, Sydney
    Age
    64
    Posts
    9,415

    Default

    hmm

    Everytime I do a purchase from a US tool supplier, I note there is a similar value purchase from a purveyor of clothing

    I'm not sure whether there is a connection
    regards
    Nick
    veni, vidi,
    tornavi
    Without wood it's just ...

  5. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Millmerran,QLD
    Age
    69
    Posts
    7,857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sawdust Maker View Post
    hmm

    Everytime I do a purchase from a US tool supplier, I note there is a similar value purchase from a purveyor of clothing

    I'm not sure whether there is a connection
    Nick

    I strongly suspect SWMBO is on to you.


    Regards
    Paul
    Bushmiller;

    "Power tends to corrupt. Absolute power corrupts, absolutely!"

  6. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evanism View Post
    Don't you hate that one simple job that turns on the purchase of Yet Another Tool to do it right?

    Ah, yes, I NEED that specialised router bit. While I'm on Rockler I really should get that new scraper set. Ooo, the Kreg gear is on special, and the 4 way clamps would be usefull....so I'll..... And so goes another $40 purchase inflated to $400...

    I saved on postage, HONEST!

    You've got that right. I have the fortune (or is that misfortune) of living less than 10 minutes from a Carbatec store. I went in the other week for a $17 packet of pen parts and walked out 45 minutes later $180 poorer.

  7. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Albury Well Just Outside
    Posts
    13,303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RhysM View Post
    You've got that right. I have the fortune (or is that misfortune) of living less than 10 minutes from a Carbatec store. I went in the other week for a $17 packet of pen parts and walked out 45 minutes later $180 poorer.

    Thats not too bad.

    Sorry not saying anymore.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Carba tec bench jointer on Mobile work bench
    By STAR in forum WOODWORK - GENERAL
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 22nd Aug 2011, 03:24 PM
  2. Carba tec bench Jointer on Mobile work bench
    By STAR in forum TOY MAKING
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 22nd Aug 2011, 08:56 AM
  3. The 10 Most Expensive Places To Park In The World
    By Metal Head in forum NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH WOODWORK
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 15th Jan 2009, 01:16 PM
  4. Work Bench
    By garfield in forum THE WORK BENCH
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 14th Aug 2007, 11:06 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •