Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    67

    Default Any Chance of an Xmas challenge? Maybe children's toy?

    Hi All,

    Not sure how the challenge works but I will be having December off at this stage and plan to get into making sawdust. Anyone up for a child's toy pallet challenge?

    Miko

  2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many





     
  3. #2
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    1,820

    Default

    I'll join in.

    A Xmas pallet challenge sounds good..... I saw a nice hardwood pallet only yesterday at the fruiterer

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Ripper, how does it usually work?

    Lets get our pallets ready and begin on 1st of December and we have 15 days to make a children's toy?What do you rekon?

  5. #4
    crowie's Avatar
    crowie is offline Life's Good, Enjoy each new day & try to encourage
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Faulconbridge, Lower Blue Mountains
    Age
    63
    Posts
    9,367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miko Zaire View Post
    Ripper, how does it usually work?

    Lets get our pallets ready and begin on 1st of December and we have 15 days to make a children's toy?What do you rekon?

    If I may request a link please to be included in the toy challenge threads to the Toy Making section of the forum, thank you.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Hey Crowie,

    I am happy for you to take the lead on this challenge. I am not sure how it works. I am though happy to provide a prize of a selection of music to the winner of the comp. What do you rekon?


    Quote Originally Posted by crowie View Post
    If I may request a link please to be included in the toy challenge threads to the Toy Making section of the forum, thank you.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    67

    Default

    A gift pack will be sent to the winner comprising of a shirt and 3 CD's from the record label I manager www.caamamusic.com.au

  8. #7
    crowie's Avatar
    crowie is offline Life's Good, Enjoy each new day & try to encourage
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Faulconbridge, Lower Blue Mountains
    Age
    63
    Posts
    9,367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miko Zaire View Post
    Hey Crowie,

    I am happy for you to take the lead on this challenge. I am not sure how it works. I am though happy to provide a prize of a selection of music to the winner of the comp. What do you rekon?
    G'Day Miko, While I appreciate the encouragement, it's not me, to lead the challenge on the forum....
    I just thought the blokes & ladies in the toymaking section should especially made aware of the proposed challenge....
    Thank you...Cheers, crowie

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Ok Crowie no worries. Ill ask you to share a link to this post then in the relevant section.


    Hi All you Pallet/Toy makers/Challengers!

    Task: To create a simple toy for a child under 3years of age from a pallet in 15 days.

    Rules: All entrants must provide a photo of the pallet and 3 complete photos of the toy. The comp begins on the 1st of December and finishes on the 15th. (we will need a judge). I will supply a prize pack in Jan 2016 to the winner. The toy must have wheels and they must be shop-made.

    How does this sound people?

  10. #9
    crowie's Avatar
    crowie is offline Life's Good, Enjoy each new day & try to encourage
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Faulconbridge, Lower Blue Mountains
    Age
    63
    Posts
    9,367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miko Zaire View Post
    Ok Crowie no worries.

    Ill ask you to share a link to this post then in the relevant section.

    Hi All you Pallet/Toy makers/Challengers!

    Task: To create a simple toy for a child under 3years of age from a pallet in 15 days.

    Rules: All entrants must provide a photo of the pallet and 3 complete photos of the toy. The comp begins on the 1st of December and finishes on the 15th. (we will need a judge). I will supply a prize pack in Jan 2016 to the winner. The toy must have wheels and they must be shop-made.

    How does this sound people?
    Thanks Miko, I've added a new thread in the toymaking section of the forum with a link here....Cheers, crowie

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Albury Well Just Outside
    Posts
    13,292

    Default

    G'day Miko

    i am would be happy to organize look after a Xmas Pallet Challange. As you have suggested it should be around making a toy for a child. I might suggest that voting be done informally via members on th e forum.

    I would also suggest that an option of store bought or self turned wheels be an option.

    All the photos can be sent to an email account that I will setup and I will create the thread so that volting starts at certain date and finishes at a certain date.

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Hi Christos,

    Thank you, the challenge is yours to drive. I will supply the prize. You make the rules.

    Deal?



    Miko

    Quote Originally Posted by Christos View Post
    G'day Miko

    i am would be happy to organize look after a Xmas Pallet Challange. As you have suggested it should be around making a toy for a child. I might suggest that voting be done informally via members on th e forum.

    I would also suggest that an option of store bought or self turned wheels be an option.

    All the photos can be sent to an email account that I will setup and I will create the thread so that volting starts at certain date and finishes at a certain date.

Similar Threads

  1. Outside chance
    By DaveTTC in forum EMPLOYMENT
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 6th Dec 2015, 08:21 PM
  2. Just On The Off Chance!
    By Repliconics in forum METALWORK FORUM
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 17th Mar 2015, 12:22 PM
  3. Here is your chance for 3ph power
    By matthew_g in forum EBAY, GUMTREE, AMAZON (and other sale sites) Metalwork ONLY
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 24th Aug 2014, 06:54 PM
  4. Any chance?
    By artful bodger in forum WOODTURNING - GENERAL
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 9th Jul 2014, 07:28 PM
  5. I get one chance at this...
    By Wongdai in forum WOODWORK - GENERAL
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 5th May 2009, 01:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •