27th Mar 2021, 02:18 PM #1
Powtran PI150 VFD Parameters for remote
Iím setting up a remote allowing me to start and stop my motor remotely, without having to use the VFD keyboard.
The VFD is a Powtran PI150.
For reference the manual may be found at https://www.powtran.com/upload/20201...1754258451.pdf
Looking at the different values I can set F1.00-F1.04 (digital inputs) to:
- 36 (park) stops the motor as expected.
- 1 (Forward run) is not available for selection (cycling the codes goes 0,2,3,4... any ideas?
- 2 (Reverse run) works, but only as long as the corresponding DI is pulled low. So I canít run the VFD running with a momentary switch.
I see my options as follows:
- Someone points out a command which will start the VFD with a momentary switch.
- Use code 2 (reverse run), with a latching circuit, and wire the motor to run in reverse so that it runs in reverse, in reverse (seems daft, but will work)
- Figure out why code 1 (forward run) is not available, rectify and use a latching circuit.
Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.Lance
27th Mar 2021 02:18 PM # ADSGoogle Adsense Advertisement
- Join Date
- Advertising world
27th Mar 2021, 03:00 PM #2
Ahh, I have progressed a little.
I think what I want is three-wire control. Now trying to figure out how it is setup on the Powtran.
Any previous experience is welcome.Lance
27th Mar 2021, 03:22 PM #3GOLD MEMBER
- Join Date
- Jun 2005
PM NCarcher (Tony), he will be able to advise you. You can use the panel remotely with a CAT cable if you wish.
27th Mar 2021, 03:33 PM #4
Chris, not with the PI150. The control panel is not removable.Lance
27th Mar 2021, 04:14 PM #5
Ok, I got it all figured out.
Code 01 can only be set on DI1.
F1.10 needs to be set to 2 (three wire type 1).
F1.00 set to 1 (forward run)
F1.01 set to 3 (three wire control)
NO start button connected to DI1.
NC stop button connected to DI2.Lance
27th Mar 2021, 04:52 PM #6.
- Join Date
- Feb 2006
27th Mar 2021, 06:04 PM #7
None the less, a pull down resistor and harnessing the 10 V line allowed me to convert my NO stop switch to act as NC.Lance
By Flindersia in forum DUST EXTRACTIONReplies: 14Last Post: 22nd May 2018, 11:55 PM
By Tom trees in forum CNC MachinesReplies: 3Last Post: 20th Aug 2017, 05:18 PM
By rev in forum DUST EXTRACTIONReplies: 0Last Post: 31st Aug 2015, 04:36 PM
By unleash_jad in forum CNC MachinesReplies: 2Last Post: 27th Jul 2013, 08:16 AM
By tonysa in forum BOX MAKINGReplies: 2Last Post: 15th May 2006, 08:52 PM