Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 288
  1. #16
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Not far enough away from Melbourne
    Posts
    4,124

    Default

    Bad timing Brett. A week earlier and I could have come back from Canberra the long way. We will be in Canberra for an event in conjunction with Remembrance Day. We will be there for the week of Remembrance Day and I will probably make it to the Canberra TWWW Show. Its a bit of a stretch to hang around another week to take the long way home.

    Cheers

    Doug
    We should not judge people by their peak of excellence; but by the distance they have traveled from the point where they started.

    Henry Ward Beecher

  2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many





     
  3. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Macksville
    Age
    60
    Posts
    368

    Default

    I should be able to make it & I'm even prepared to crawl under the house with whatever wildlife lives there.

  4. #18
    FenceFurniture's Avatar
    FenceFurniture is offline The prize lies beneath - hidden in full view
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    1017m up in Katoomba, NSW
    Posts
    10,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doug3030 View Post
    Its a bit of a stretch to hang around another week to take the long way home.
    Just spin up for a 3 day weekend with Matt & maybe Dave, and maybe some other moustachioed types. (I take it you still look the part )
    Regards, FenceFurniture

    COLT DRILLS GROUP BUY
    Jan-Feb 2019 Click to send me an email

  5. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Elizabeth Bay / Oberon NSW
    Age
    74
    Posts
    934

    Default

    Great! See you there Brett.

    Now where did I put those old leather gloves? Any Redbacks under the house?

    mick

  6. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    6,499

    Default Blue Mountains FGT #7 - Sunday 20th Nov - All welcome

    OMG
    We are coming(please book two places for Sally and Matt)
    But only if I stop going on about world domination.
    Asking and pestering for a two headed pink pony for Xmas with a satanic clown ridding it
    Or an anatomically correct evil barbie doll .
    So if I behave myself(so so boring)
    We're there OMG ..
    The Victoria's are coming ...

    Cheers Matt

  7. #21
    FenceFurniture's Avatar
    FenceFurniture is offline The prize lies beneath - hidden in full view
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    1017m up in Katoomba, NSW
    Posts
    10,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simplicity View Post
    OMG We are coming(please book two places for Sally and Matt)
    Groovy! There is only room for two sleepers-over, unless you like games, so I guess you're first dibs?

    It's a small house Matt, and essentially only one bedroom, so the sleeping quarters are the lounge room (which is really the main bedroom) I have a double mattress in the attic which can go on the floor, or there is a single fold up bed, which means one of you has to double decker - take your pick (and if the single job, who will be on top?).

    Be aware that Dave has slept in the single bed, and one other person, but I am assured that no gas was passed by either.

    At a pinch we can house another person under the Dining room table (it's 2100 long) and I suppose we could even get another brave soul actually on the table - provided they aren't scared of heights and aren't prone to falling out of bed.

    There may be some floor space liberated in the attic for another body or two, but there's a little problem with that. Access is from our bedroom, and as we all know, hot air rises........and one of us snores like a non-segmented-head 3 Phase jointer. Not sayin' who because the proponent is a Black Belt (really).
    Regards, FenceFurniture

    COLT DRILLS GROUP BUY
    Jan-Feb 2019 Click to send me an email

  8. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    6,499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FenceFurniture View Post
    Groovy! There is only room for two sleepers-over, unless you like games, so I guess you're first dibs?

    It's a small house Matt, and essentially only one bedroom, so the sleeping quarters are the lounge room (which is really the main bedroom) I have a double mattress in the attic which can go on the floor, or there is a single fold up bed, which means one of you has to double decker - take your pick (and if the single job, who will be on top?).

    Be aware that Dave has slept in the single bed, and one other person, but I am assured that no gas was passed by either.

    At a pinch we can house another person under the Dining room table (it's 2100 long) and I suppose we could even get another brave soul actually on the table - provided they aren't scared of heights and aren't prone to falling out of bed.

    There may be some floor space liberated in the attic for another body or two, but there's a little problem with that. Access is from our bedroom, and as we all know, hot air rises........and one of us snores like a non-segmented-head 3 Phase jointer. Not sayin' who because the proponent is a Black Belt (really).
    Brett,
    That is a very gracious offer and I'm humbled.
    But we are going to make it a mini road trip and will book a motel near by.
    If you can recommend anything that would be awesome.
    Also ,if you can tell me we're all the good junk shops are the ones with a Stanley number 1 for $20 bucks that would be great .I've got $23.70 saved in pocket money coming.
    Or any zoos selling two headed ponies would be great to.

    Looking forward to it .
    Cheers Matt

  9. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Millmerran,QLD
    Age
    72
    Posts
    10,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FenceFurniture View Post

    Should it be that you have children, partners, or anything else useful (with opposing thumb and forefinger - mutated dogs welcome) that has the build of Arnie, but the stature of a child, then they are absolutely welcome to a double helping of lunch. They'll also be welcome to spend their free time down't'mine oonder 'oose where there's knaff all head room not as much height as would be considered very comfortable, in polite society.



    Cheers
    Brett
    Umm. This is reminiscent of Pome land in the 19th century. However I'm not sure you want a "black dwarf" (which as you clearly know was a reality both in child slave labour as well as an underground publication) as a wooden gnome.

    It looks as though I might be able to come along as I have a trip planned for the Hunter Valley and I can coincide the times.

    I wondered if there would be any interest amongst the Luddites and masochists in participating in the "saw-off" which is intended,but not guaranteed, to settle the question of whether to file crosscut saws straight across or with sloped gullets.

    It occurred to me that we might be able to cut up some of Brett's timber: To save taking it all down to the shed.

    Any how Brett, if you think the idea has some merit, please give it your blessing and then ask others to put their hands up to become testers. The very enthusiastic among you can bypass Brett and just put your hand up. You should also consider bringing your own lunch.

    If you missed the thread ( I find this really hard to countenance) you can read about the concept here:

    Sloped Gullets

    The saws have been basically sharpened and only need their final tune up.

    Of course this exercise may interfere with other important items on the agenda so if that is the case I won't pursue the matter, but seeing as how we will have a good number of enthusiastic and talented woodworkers in one, elevated, place it seems like too good an opportunity to miss.

    Regards
    Paul
    Bushmiller;

    "Power tends to corrupt. Absolute power corrupts, absolutely!"

  10. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Camden, NSW
    Age
    73
    Posts
    3,576

    Default

    Bugger, bugger, bugger.....
    Sorry FF, can't make it this time, I will be driving back from Boambee but too late to get to you on the day.
    I will be 'up the mountains' later in the year so will hopefully see you both then?
    Have a great time folks!
    fletty
    a rock is an obsolete tool ......... until you donít have a hammer!

  11. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Millmerran,QLD
    Age
    72
    Posts
    10,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FenceFurniture View Post
    Be aware that Dave has slept in the single bed, and one other person, but I am assured that no gas was passed by either.

    Who was the other person that slept with Dave? Actually, I don't really want to know; I just want to make sure it wasn't me.

    Regards
    Paul
    Bushmiller;

    "Power tends to corrupt. Absolute power corrupts, absolutely!"

  12. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Camden, NSW
    Age
    73
    Posts
    3,576

    Default

    Add another 'bugger'
    Sorry Bushmiller, I was going to ask if you would be home at the time you will apparently be savouring the Hunter.

    fletty

    PS, when in the Hunter, please try Krinklewood Wines. It's close to Broke ...... in a geographic sense?
    a rock is an obsolete tool ......... until you donít have a hammer!

  13. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Millmerran,QLD
    Age
    72
    Posts
    10,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fletty View Post
    Add another 'bugger'
    Sorry Bushmiller, I was going to ask if you would be home at the time you will apparently be savouring the Hunter.

    fletty
    PS, when in the Hunter, please try Krinklewood Wines. It's close to Broke ...... in a geographic sense?
    Fletty

    You wouldn't believe it. My social calendar is almost non existent for thirteen months out of the year and on the fourteenth month.....

    Perhaps you can PM me to let me know when you would have been around. Boambee is still a fair drive from Millmerran.

    I will make a note of the wine. That's not how I will end up is it? Broke? But happy.

    Regards
    Paul
    Bushmiller;

    "Power tends to corrupt. Absolute power corrupts, absolutely!"

  14. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Camden, NSW
    Age
    73
    Posts
    3,576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bushmiller View Post
    Fletty

    You wouldn't believe it. My social calendar is almost non existent for thirteen months out of the year and on the fourteenth month.....

    Perhaps you can PM me to let me know when you would have been around. Boambee is still a fair drive from Millmerran.

    I will make a note of the wine. That's not how I will end up is it? Broke? But happy.

    Regards
    Paul
    I'm away for a bit over a week starting and finishing at my daughter's place in Boambee. In between I'm delivering furniture (commissioned cabinet and love job chairs) and doing a forum 'mates run' into Southern QLD. The forum express rides again!
    Re the GTG, I'll get a few of you to make just a little more noise and no-one will know I'm missing?
    fletty
    a rock is an obsolete tool ......... until you donít have a hammer!

  15. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Katoomba NSW
    Posts
    4,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fletty View Post
    Re the GTG, I'll get a few of you to make just a little more noise and no-one will know I'm missing?
    fletty
    Someone is going to have to drink the red as well. I will volunteer for that bit, seeing as I won't be able to carry any timber on account of my habit of spontaneously combusting when contacting tallowood.
    Those were the droids I was looking for.
    https://autoblastgates.com.au

  16. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    637

    Default

    G'day all.

    Looks like as good of excuse as any to take the day off work, I'm in.

    Might have to dig out the ankle brace again.

    Cheers
    Shane

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 194
    Last Post: 21st December 2015, 02:25 PM
  2. Replies: 145
    Last Post: 12th November 2014, 04:58 PM
  3. Blue Mountains Get Together #4....Sunday 2nd March....all welcome
    By FenceFurniture in forum WOODIES EVENTS
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 20th October 2014, 10:43 PM
  4. HEADS UP Blue Mountains Get Together #4....Sunday 2nd March....all welcome
    By FenceFurniture in forum ANNOUNCEMENTS
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30th January 2014, 06:59 PM
  5. Hey g'day, from me in the Blue Mountains...
    By Maryann in forum G'day mate - THE WELCOME WAGON -Introduce yourself
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12th February 2009, 08:41 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •