Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2126272829303132333435 LastLast
Results 451 to 465 of 524
  1. #451
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Millmerran,QLD
    Age
    70
    Posts
    8,985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simplicity View Post
    Maybe we can organise a personal reminder thingy for you Paul[emoji6].

    Cheers Matt
    Yes please.

    Regards
    Paul
    Bushmiller;

    "Power tends to corrupt. Absolute power corrupts, absolutely!"

  2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Age
    2010
    Posts
    Many





     
  3. #452
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Hobart, Tas
    Posts
    957

    Default

    If there's a more suitable time for a change of, or an additional prattle I think it's a great idea. I think that like Fridays, it would be good for someone to stick their hand up to be the custodian of the group (post reminders etc).

    Additionally, to keep things simple, there is no reason additional prattles can't use the same zoom meeting details as Friday (for those that haven't realised, it's the same meeting ID every week).
    Lance

  4. #453
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Hobart
    Age
    74
    Posts
    426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bushmiller View Post
    Yes please.

    Regards
    Paul
    Would Oi be enough?!??

  5. #454
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Millmerran,QLD
    Age
    70
    Posts
    8,985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yvan View Post
    Would Oi be enough?!??
    Yvan

    May depend on the lung capacity from your location across to my location!

    Regards
    Paul
    Bushmiller;

    "Power tends to corrupt. Absolute power corrupts, absolutely!"

  6. #455
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    5,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LanceC View Post
    If there's a more suitable time for a change of, or an additional prattle I think it's a great idea. I think that like Fridays, it would be good for someone to stick their hand up to be the custodian of the group (post reminders etc).

    Additionally, to keep things simple, there is no reason additional prattles can't use the same zoom meeting details as Friday (for those that haven't realised, it's the same meeting ID every week).

    Iím happy to be ďCustodianĒ if that helps get the second prattle up an running, in less of course there is objections!!.

    Cheers Matt.

  7. #456
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Canberra - West Belco
    Age
    60
    Posts
    514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simplicity View Post
    Iím happy to be ďCustodianĒ if that helps get the second prattle up an running, in less of course there is objections!!.

    Cheers Matt.
    Hiya Matt

    I've been away all weekend, including the public holiday so hadn't progressed anything.... I was looking to test out Skype Meet Now Organize conference calls on Skype with one click | Skype as there is no time limits. looks like the personal meeting links don't expire either

    Test link: https://join.skype.com/u73k1kv4B1UL (you can join as a guest) but many may already have Skype

    I called it Sunday Round Table Jabber

    Happy for you to be custodian and arrange it differently, it's just where my thought patterns had gone

    Cheers
    Phil

  8. #457
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    5,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiephil View Post
    Hiya Matt

    I've been away all weekend, including the public holiday so hadn't progressed anything.... I was looking to test out Skype Meet Now Organize conference calls on Skype with one click | Skype as there is no time limits. looks like the personal meeting links don't expire either

    Test link: https://join.skype.com/u73k1kv4B1UL (you can join as a guest) but many may already have Skype

    I called it Sunday Round Table Jabber

    Happy for you to be custodian and arrange it differently, it's just where my thought patterns had gone

    Cheers
    Phil
    Phil,
    I think Sunday round table Jabber is a perfect name.

    With regards Skype an other technology stuff, I need both my hands held, an told do that now, hit that button now, Donít ask stupid questions,remember in a past career I was paid to hit stuff with hammers [emoji3064][emoji3064].

    Cheers Matt.

  9. #458
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Canberra - West Belco
    Age
    60
    Posts
    514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simplicity View Post
    Phil,
    I was paid to hit stuff with hammers [emoji3064][emoji3064].
    Cheers Matt.
    That's gold ......

    Sometimes i was paid to drive around for hours doing mobile coverage tests ..... in those days the number we used because it was the only thing that would stay connected for hours cannot be mentioned on a family forum

    we also got paid to hammer things

  10. #459
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Not far enough away from Melbourne
    Posts
    3,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiephil View Post
    Sometimes i was paid to drive around for hours doing mobile coverage tests ..... in those days the number we used because it was the only thing that would stay connected for hours cannot be mentioned on a family forum

    we also got paid to hammer things
    I used to get paid for what I knew, not what I did.
    When you are dead you donít know that you are dead. You feel no pain, everyone else feels the pain. Itís the same thing when you are stupid.

  11. #460
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Canberra - West Belco
    Age
    60
    Posts
    514

    Default

    Can't believe another week has flown by.....

    For the Friday Prattle reminder

    Come and join in with some fellow forum members on Friday lunchtime.


    Friday lunch prattle: Anyone is welcome, please join in


    This weeks topic is: .. Glues, what's your go to and what do you do if the weather is to cold.... no bragging from QLD



    Friday: Time: 12:00 - 12:40 AEDT
    Yep that's lunchtime for some of us so bring a coffee

    Join Zoom Meeting
    Launch Meeting - Zoom


    Meeting ID: 789 4886 9892
    Passcode: 123

    Cheers
    Phil

  12. #461
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Not far enough away from Melbourne
    Posts
    3,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiephil View Post
    Can't believe another week has flown by.....

    For the Friday Prattle reminder
    If you can see me it means that I am there.
    When you are dead you donít know that you are dead. You feel no pain, everyone else feels the pain. Itís the same thing when you are stupid.

  13. #462
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    East of Melbourne Aus.
    Age
    69
    Posts
    1,051

    Default

    No I'm going fishing again.
    I am learning, slowley.

  14. #463
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Canberra - West Belco
    Age
    60
    Posts
    514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pagie View Post
    No I'm going fishing again.
    Maybe you will be home with fish stories to share for the Sunday Round table

    Hope you catch some fish

  15. #464
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Canberra - West Belco
    Age
    60
    Posts
    514

    Default

    I have set up a new thread for Matt to custodian on for the Sunday Round Table Jabber, we'll try skype out for this and see how it goes

    Sunday Round Table Jabber - Sunday evening all welcome

    Matt and I tested it last night.

    Cheers
    Phil

  16. #465
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Canberra - West Belco
    Age
    60
    Posts
    514

    Default

    A small group gathered today and had a fun enjoyable time.

    For those that think we just talk serious about the topic and wood may be surprised how the topics shifted around today.

    We started with the concept of what happens when you breath in to many glue fumes, shifted to the effects of acetone and then the smells of two stroke oils that then shifted the conversation to motorcycles and motorcycle racing, with a focus on the madness of the isle of man TT. this lead into the mental state of the racers till eventually with another arrival into the prattle the subject got shifted back to glues with Titebond 3 and 2 being the go to ones for general woodwork. the min temps for use and storage was checked out.
    Epoxy generally for gluing dissimilar materials.
    CA glue came in the mix for instant success.

    So we covered a broad range today.

    Cheers
    Phil

Similar Threads

  1. Lunch Box
    By Rodgera in forum WOODIES JOKES
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14th Jul 2017, 05:10 PM
  2. Cut lunch
    By Barry Hicks in forum WOODIES JOKES
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 8th Oct 2007, 10:35 AM
  3. Thursday Lunch
    By Terry B in forum NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH WOODWORK
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10th Nov 2006, 11:55 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •