Spraygun blocking - WB lacquer
Started using Mirotone 8022 / 8060 precat waterbase sealer / topcoat combo early this year.
I found it quite excellent in most respects - sprays well, drys really nice and sands like a dream within hours. Holds its matt surface very well with wear. It is a great improvement in most respects on the stinky Mirotone high VOC 3022 I've been using for years.
However I am having problems with the guns blocking during a short 3 -4 minute spray job. Starts out spraying real nice and after a minute or two the flow will begin to slow. After a flush with water it will come back pretty quick. Surely I dont have to clear the gun every few minutes to keep the flow going?
The guns are gravity fed. The sealer gun is the standard size Star S770 with a 2mm tip the other [for topcoat] is a Star mini with a 1mm tip. The finish I'm using today was thinned and put in a jar about a months ago. The consistency that works for me is about about the same as unwipped cream. It comes off the small gun nice and smooth with lowish fluid and airflow. The sealer seems to gum up worse and you need to blast that through a bit harder.
Having used WB finishes in the early noughties I realise they are more high maintenance. Ive tried the usual suspects like the air bleed hole in the container, changing filters then a new filter and finally no filter. The gun was pulled down and fully cleaned last nite.
dunno what's more fun, buyin' the tools or usin' em'