Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 98
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bundaberg
    Age
    54
    Posts
    3,384

    Default Challenge 2020-2021 Chief Tiff

    ... and into the mosh pit I dive!

    As I mentioned in the main challenge thread my offering will be somewhat unique and to the best of my knowledge hasnít specifically been attempted before; although the basic idea is as old as a very old thing. And just to keep the suspense at nail-biting level Iím not telling anyone what it is; but will graciously accept edumacated guesses.

    Here are the raw materials for the body; some 1/8Ē stainless steel plate, some 1/4Ē brass plate, a block of very dense wood-like timber and a bit of 3/4Ē brass tube. Itís not going to be real big; in fact there is enough brass and steel to make several versions/attempts.


    70DCEB77-1C76-46A0-8341-29F7C4823FA1.jpg

    Whoever guesses correctly gets to say ďSeriously; you got us all hyped up for that?ď

    If by tomorrow morning no-one has guessed correctly/guessed at all/even bothered to read this Iíll add a snippit or two from some online pictures.
    Nothing succeeds like a budgie without a beak.

  2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Age
    2010
    Posts
    Many





     
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Hobart
    Age
    77
    Posts
    641

    Default

    A spokeshave on steroids?

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    6,928

    Default Challenge 2020-2021 Chief Tiff

    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Tiff View Post
    ... and into the mosh pit I dive!

    As I mentioned in the main challenge thread my offering will be somewhat unique and to the best of my knowledge hasnít specifically been attempted before; although the basic idea is as old as a very old thing. And just to keep the suspense at nail-biting level Iím not telling anyone what it is; but will graciously accept edumacated guesses.

    Here are the raw materials for the body; some 1/8Ē stainless steel plate, some 1/4Ē brass plate, a block of very dense wood-like timber and a bit of 3/4Ē brass tube. Itís not going to be real big; in fact there is enough brass and steel to make several versions/attempts.


    70DCEB77-1C76-46A0-8341-29F7C4823FA1.jpg

    Whoever guesses correctly gets to say ďSeriously; you got us all hyped up for that?ď

    If by tomorrow morning no-one has guessed correctly/guessed at all/even bothered to read this Iíll add a snippit or two from some online pictures.

    Wow I havenít been in mosh pit since the Nineties.
    Wish I could remember those days.

    Cheers Matt.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bundaberg
    Age
    54
    Posts
    3,384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yvan View Post
    A spokeshave on steroids?
    I like your thinking, but not a spokeshave!
    Nothing succeeds like a budgie without a beak.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    near Mackay
    Age
    59
    Posts
    4,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Tiff View Post
    ... and into the mosh pit I dive!

    As I mentioned in the main challenge thread my offering will be somewhat unique and to the best of my knowledge hasn’t specifically been attempted before; although the basic idea is as old as a very old thing. And just to keep the suspense at nail-biting level I’m not telling anyone what it is; but will graciously accept edumacated guesses.

    Here are the raw materials for the body; some 1/8” stainless steel plate, some 1/4” brass plate, a block of very dense wood-like timber and a bit of 3/4” brass tube. It’s not going to be real big; in fact there is enough brass and steel to make several versions/attempts.


    70DCEB77-1C76-46A0-8341-29F7C4823FA1.jpg

    Whoever guesses correctly gets to say “Seriously; you got us all hyped up for that?“

    If by tomorrow morning no-one has guessed correctly/guessed at all/even bothered to read this I’ll add a snippit or two from some online pictures.
    Welcome aboard Chief. Not sure what you are planning but I am sure it will keep us all entertained.
    We are easily amused, as you can tell.

    Quote Originally Posted by Simplicity View Post
    Wow I haven’t been in mosh pit since the Nineties.
    Wish I could remember those days.

    Cheers Matt.
    I havent been to an official moshpit, but I was at the New York Hotel in 1982 when The Birthday Party played, It was before the moshpits were a thing, but I reckon that might have come close.
    ​Brad.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Dandenong Ranges
    Posts
    1,824

    Default

    Hi CT. I like a bit of wood like timber myself . Is it a scraper holder?

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bundaberg
    Age
    54
    Posts
    3,384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Ash View Post
    Is it a scraper holder?
    Not exactly....

    First hinty pic: This is the lever cap from an original:

    Lever cap.PNG
    Nothing succeeds like a budgie without a beak.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Millmerran,QLD
    Age
    73
    Posts
    11,025

    Default

    Welcome Chief

    A chisel plane?

    Mosh pit. I had to look that up. I need to get out more.

    Regards
    Paul
    Bushmiller;

    "Power tends to corrupt. Absolute power corrupts, absolutely!"

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Adelaide - outer south
    Age
    67
    Posts
    932

    Default

    I can't reconcile "somewhat unique" and "hasn't specifically been attempted before" with "lever cap from an original".

    So, if it isn't a twin overhead cam double reverse low angle rebating block plane then I'm stumped!
    Cheers, Bob the labrat

    Measure once and.... the phone rings!

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    6,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Tiff View Post
    Not exactly....

    First hinty pic: This is the lever cap from an original:

    Lever cap.PNG
    Well at least the patent date fits with The Birthday party.

    Cheers Matt. )

  12. #11
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Not far enough away from Melbourne
    Posts
    4,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Tiff View Post
    First hinty pic: This is the lever cap from an original:

    Lever cap.PNG
    I consulted Google Image search.

    It says it is Still Life Photography. Do I win?

  13. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    near Mackay
    Age
    59
    Posts
    4,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simplicity View Post
    Well at least the patent date fits with The Birthday party.

    Cheers Matt. )
    We might have to call it the Bad Seed, I think Ď83 was about the end for The Birthday Party.
    ​Brad.

  14. #13
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    801

    Default

    I found it! I found it!

    But I will keep it to myself



    PS: I sent a PM to Chief Tiff to see if I right.....

  15. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    6,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironwood View Post
    We might have to call it the Bad Seed, I think Ď83 was about the end for The Birthday Party.
    Ye I was more late 80s90 s guy,but I donít want to sabotage your thread.

    Cheers Matt.

  16. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bundaberg
    Age
    54
    Posts
    3,384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cklett View Post
    I found it! I found it!
    But I will keep it to myself
    PS: I sent a PM to Chief Tiff to see if I right
    You got it absolutely spot on. But by keeping it to yourself you waive all bragging rights...
    Nothing succeeds like a budgie without a beak.

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Challenge 2020 - 2021 Simplicity
    By Simplicity in forum PLANE CHALLENGE 2020-21
    Replies: 476
    Last Post: 1st January 2022, 11:20 PM
  2. Challenge 2020 - 2021 Doug3030
    By doug3030 in forum PLANE CHALLENGE 2020-21
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: 26th June 2021, 05:29 PM
  3. Challenge 2020 - 2021 Oldgreybeard
    By Oldgreybeard in forum PLANE CHALLENGE 2020-21
    Replies: 161
    Last Post: 2nd June 2021, 03:01 PM
  4. Challenge 2020 -2021 MountainAsh
    By Mountain Ash in forum PLANE CHALLENGE 2020-21
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 21st February 2021, 02:10 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •