Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Asbestos removal and gyprocking costs

Hi,

I am planning on getting a qualified tradesman to remove the internal asbestos sheets from walls and ceilings of 2 bedrooms, 1 hallway, 1 bathroom (including shower removal) and half the ceiling of my lounge room, PLUS gyprocking these areas.

I would like any recommendations of reliable qualified tradesmen that could do such a job if anyone has had experience with this. I will be getting a few quotations for this work.

Does anyone have any ideas on how much this type of job would cost? I have no idea??

By the way, I am in Sydney...

Regards,

DRT.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Any realistic quote will require a site visit . Nova Bathrooms at Kirrawee do a high quality bathroom renovation and may be able to help you 9576 55 36 (I have no affiliation with them).
    If you have health concerns as to AC sheeting in hall etc have you considered leaving the sheets there and putting Gyproc over the existing sheets ?
    This will increase your jamb and reveal widths but negate the cost of removal.

as a rough guide about $700 for asbestos removal and $20/m2 for 10mm plaster... add a bit more if yer having cornice/shadow line add a bit more on top of that because its a small job

Have you confirmed tt it is indeed asbestos?

Also, get more quotes, you may find tt the asbestos removal can be very costly. If you can get all those areas you mentioned done for $700, go for it. Sounds a bit low.

I am pretty sure that it is asbestos, problem is there was a reno done on the house before we purchased it and a large section added onto the back of the house. The bathroom and loungeroom roof space has broken sheets in it which were already plastered over, very dodgy. So I need to get that verified by someone (?) and then removed if it is.

Who can tell me if it is asbestos?

DRT.

a hygienest will tell you if it is asbestos. It is cheap to have tested if ou take a sample to them.

Tools

Default Friend At Work Just Had This Done

mate a work just had this done, a company came round and gutted his whole house highset 3 bed cost $6000 they took away all the celins and wall sheets, he's now going to get it all rewired. before starting the mammouth job of dry linning it all.I reckon he paid over the top and myself would just have just plasterboarded the whole lot over the top. (can't see how this is cutting corners as this adds sound proofing and insulation to a point)davo