Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 17 of 17
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2018


    Yes a blade should do it for you,it is a bit of an open question as blade qualities vary but you should be fine with that

  2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement
    Join Date
    Advertising world

  3. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2014


    Well I thought I should report that I did something to solve this problem in case someone else has a similar problem.
    Please forgive me for not using the metric system. All the material is sized in inches. I'll switch to metric at the end.

    So, I was wandering through my local building supply store and spotted a sheet of pressure treated exterior plywood. It was 24" by 48" by 3/4" ("= inches) and cost $14 (less then a case of beer......Fosters???). The bowl I am repairing is about 26" in diameter and has a "bulge" out the back side.

    I cut the plywood in half making two 24"x24" sheets and glued them together with construction adhesive. Then I cut the shape with a saber saw, including the bulge by placing it on the diagonal.
    Then I glued the concrete pieces together and to the sheets using:
    I considered epoxy but thought this would allow a little flex and it was about 1/3 the cost of epoxy.
    I then bound the concrete parts together with:
    After a few days I considered it done and painted the edges with gray oil based paint and put it in place outside on the base.
    Final size in "real dimensions", 61 cm diameter with 10 cm "bulge'. About 3.8 cm thick.

    Things I could have done better.
    The part I made is too large. I didn't consider that the edge of the bowl tapers toward the bottom so it is barely as large as the part. So it is very visible. i wanted it to be set back from the edge.
    I wanted to sand the rim and round the edge under but I couldn't. The table I set it on to do the work started to give me concern that it would hold up. All the parts together must weigh 150 kg and I was afraid the side pressure of the sander might be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

    So, it could have been better but now it is time to crack open that Foster's . ;-)

    Thanks everyone for all the great ideas and guidance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Patching with CA glue
    By Keoni in forum GLUE
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 19th May 2008, 06:04 PM
  2. Patching paintwork on internal concrete wall
    By rhancock in forum PAINTING, PLASTERING, TILING, DECORATING, etc.
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 8th May 2008, 09:43 PM
  3. patching fibro
    By snowyskiesau in forum PAINTING, PLASTERING, TILING, DECORATING, etc.
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23rd Feb 2007, 08:15 AM
  4. Patching lino
    By jonb in forum FLOORING, DECKING, STUMPS, etc.
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 5th Mar 2006, 04:40 PM
  5. patching two-pac
    By spartan in forum FINISHING
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 15th Dec 2005, 09:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts