Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Ryobi Radial Arm Saw

Hi Folks,
    I bought a Ryobi radial arm saw at an auction last week, when I went to try it out today I could not press in the on switch at the front of the machine to start it
    Does anyone know if there is a lockout device that I can't find, or do I need a new switch.

Pedro

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Default Ryobi Radial Arm Saw Safety Switch

If it is the same model as mine, it needs a small metal rod (approx 8mm diamater?) inserted into the hole to the side of the switch. I can measure it and send you a plan if you need it.

Thanks P.W.

I Found the hole and fitted a bolt with nut into it, it seems to work and I don't see any safety problem

Pedro

P.W.

By the way mine is a RS2000A, I have just finished a mobile cabinet to mount it on, and will have the saw dust collected in a drum mounted within the cabinet via a flexible vaccum cleaner type hose fitted to the saw.

Pedro

Lightbulb Ryobi 210 radial arm saw

Hi, you seem to be the perfect people for some help. I recently rescued a 210 radial arm saw from a skip but it is missing the table. I have rebuilt it (works great) but I could use some reference pictures to make a table from and or a copy of the instructions (wishfull thinking I expect). I am led to believe that all of these are essentially simmilar machines of varying size.

Default Website

Look at this website http://www.ryobi.com.au/piccolo_public.htm and you might find the instructions you are looking for. You can normally download these instructions.

Woody

Thanks Woody,

Tried the link and it seems there are no instructions for radial arm saws (maybe old hat) any other suggestions?

Cheers G.