Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

View Poll Results: Have you given/recieved a negative rep point?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 50.00%
  • No - never would

5 14.71%
  • No - haven't had a reason too.

12 35.29%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Negative Rep Points

I think the rep points a a pretty good idea. Not for a tally, but for giving private encouragement and or criticism.

I've just given my first NEGATIVE Rep point, has anyone else given of recieved a negative point? Don't need details, just wondering.
    Cheers,

Adam

------------------------------------------

I can cure you of your Sinistrophobia

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

I gave a negative point once

Question: Is that where you give a bad or terrible under "rate this thread" :confused:
    To err is human, to really stuff up requires a computer!

I got a bluey from someone for being helpful !!! Couldn't work it out. He thanked me as well, must have been a mistake. What colour are the disapprove ones ?

Having made an issue about the original anonimity of the points system I don't give negative points but will readily give positive points if the contribution to the board deserves it. And in that case I identify myself and give the reason for it.

If there is an issue, or post, I feel strongly critical about I make my view known in open forum.

But sometimes this has incurred me the wrath :eek: of others and I have received a few raspberries.

Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby
    I got a bluey from someone for being helpful !!! Couldn't work it out. He thanked me as well, must have been a mistake. What colour are the disapprove ones ?

If it is blue it means that the giver does not have enough points to issue a valid one. It is not counted.

A valid disapproval one is red.

Peter.

I haven't given any negative ones yet. I've given heaps of good ones and I have received many good ones which are always appreciated.

Like Sturdee I normally make my feelings quite clear and I do it publicly.

- Wood Borer

Beachport, South Oz, the best little town on the planet.

there you all go.... I just gave you all a 'tick' (or was it an elephant stamp??) just because you are reaaallllly niiiice.... except for Sturdee, I got a knock back for trying to give you one mate..... the system has it in for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopha
    ... except for Sturdee, I got a knock back for trying to give you one mate..... the system has it in for you!

I know it's a mongrel !!!, eh

Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by stephenmeddings
    Question: Is that where you give a bad or terrible under "rate this thread" :confused:

Stephen,

Have a look under the FAQ section dealing with reputation points and all will be revealed.

Peter.

Thanks Peter,

Already looking at it. Didn't think to look before I asked

Stephen
    To err is human, to really stuff up requires a computer!

I have to admit I don't give out rep points, or want to receive them. I feel they are irrelevant to what this forum is about. Disapproval points can only be a provocation to pointless quarrelling. I come here to learn from people who know more than I do, to provide helpful information where I can, or sometimes just to socialize with fellow woodworkers. I enjoy spending time here, and don't need to be told whether I have done well or badly.

Rocker

Quote Originally Posted by LineLefty
    I think the rep points a a pretty good idea. Not for a tally, but for giving private encouragement and or criticism.

I've just given my first NEGATIVE Rep point, has anyone else given of recieved a negative point? Don't need details, just wondering.
    Why, are your having second thoughts about it ?

just wondering

Quote Originally Posted by Sturdee
    If it is blue it means that the giver does not have enough points to issue a valid one. It is not counted.

A valid disapproval one is red.

Peter.
    ta Pete (got my combo planer/thicknesser today )

Is this the monthly Rep Points Thread?

Given Red ones? - Only one as a controlled experiment with Shane's knowledge! (Maybe he could use his super-moderator's power to reverse it!)

To anyone else? Definitely NOT (although in the early confusion it seems that the negative default stayed after Shane's so if you got one from me accidentally please let me know and I'll reverse it!)

I've had one which wasn't earned under the circumstance, but that would make up for the dozen or show I deserved!

I like the idea of the positive ones, dish 'em out when the post has been helpful (or makes me laugh - which a lot of serious ones do!), but can't say that my own behaviour has been modified because of them!

On the other hand, I think issuing negative points privately is a particularly gutless and non-constructive pastime. If I disagree so strongly with someone that I think they deserve a serve, I'll give it to 'em in public where they can defend themselves, and where I can judge how far off the mark I may be!! (Same goes if I get one, don't expect it to stay between you and me!! )

At the end of the day I'm here to get help, help if I can:eek: even if that is simply to provide a different point of view, have fun, and if someone else gets a kick out of that, well isn't that fantastic too!!

Hope I die laughing,

P

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast