Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tools, Tools, Tools

This is on consignment in a local store. I was amazed at how much stuff the guy had. The lathe has been sold separately.

If anyone is interested is it OK for me to give the name if they send a PM?

I'm waiting until they start selling individually to buy ONE bowl gouge.

Nice way to store tools, I wonder how much the compartments fill with dust and chips.

Paul

<table class="classes" style=" 683px; text-align: center; 23" border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="4"><tbody><tr><td class="classesinfo" bgcolor="#cccccc" valign="top" width="150">
    </td> <td valign="top">

</td> </tr> </tbody> </table> <table class="classes" style=" 683px; text-align: center; 23" border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="4"> <tbody> <tr> <td class="classesinfo" bgcolor="#cccccc" valign="top" width="150">
    </td> <td valign="top">

</td> </tr> </tbody> </table> <table class="classes" style=" 683px; text-align: center; 23" border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="4"> <tbody> <tr> <td class="classesinfo" bgcolor="#cccccc" valign="top" width="150">
    </td> <td valign="top">
    </td> <td valign="top">

</td> <td valign="top">
    </td> <td valign="top">

</td> <td valign="top">
    </td> <td valign="top">
    </td> <td valign="top">

</td> <td valign="top">

</td> </tr> </tbody> </table> <table class="classes" style=" 683px; text-align: center; 23" border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="4"><tbody><tr><td class="classesinfo" bgcolor="#cccccc" valign="top" width="150">
    </td> <td valign="top"> THE ULTIMATE TURNING TOOL PACKAGE

THIS CABINET CONTAINS OVER $7,000 WORTH OF TURNING EQUIPMENT.

PRICE
    $3,500

</td></tr></tbody></table>
    So much timber, so little time.

Paul

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

If anyone is interested is it OK for me to give the name if they send a PM?
    Yep, but we are mainly Aussies here.

I had a similar setup to that many years ago when I had a shop to conserve space and it didn't take long to fill the drawers with shavings and dust.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    Yep, but we are mainly Aussies here.

I had a similar setup to that many years ago when I had a shop to conserve space and it didn't take long to fill the drawers with shavings and dust.
    Perhaps you should close the drawer before you start turning

Looks like this guy spent all his time collecting tolls and little of it turning. I know a few guys like this.

Quote Originally Posted by brendan stemp View Post
    Perhaps you should close the drawer before you start turning

Looks like this guy spent all his time collecting tolls and little of it turning. I know a few guys like this.

and none of them on this forum
    regards
    Nick
    veni, vidi,
    tornavi
    Without wood it's just ...

Looks like this guy spent all his time collecting tolls and little of it turning. I know a few guys like this.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

I sort of feel like that at times

But that sure is some collection, as to drawers, well....hmm, nah, I like my lathe stand to be simple to allow all rubbish to hit floor. Drawers just complicate things, hang all your tools up somewhere with in easy reach is more my style
    Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working. — Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by hughie View Post
    I sort of feel like that at times

Drawers just complicate things, hang all your tools up somewhere with in easy reach is more my style
    Yes but what happens when you run out of wall space??

Cheers

Tim
    Some days I turns thisaway, somedays I turns thataway and other days I don't give a stuff so I don't turn at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim the Timber Turner View Post
    Yes but what happens when you run out of wall space??

Cheers

Tim
    That's what the floor is for, isn't it?

I've got tool envy - I wonder if they were ever used. it would take me 5 years just to build the cupboard!
    Three wise middle aged monkeys - "see no pot-belly, feel no bald spot, buy no sports car"

That's what the floor is for, isn't it?
    But you would never find anything on your floor.

It's always covered in a foot of chips (opps! I nearly said shavings).

Cheers

Tim
    Some days I turns thisaway, somedays I turns thataway and other days I don't give a stuff so I don't turn at all.

......... it didn't take long to fill the drawers with shavings and dust.
    Easy fixed! One day . . . . . when I get around to it . . . . . . . I plan on making one big heavy-duty drawer to go under the Stubby to hold all my chucks and chunky bits but it will have a mesh base so all the rubbish just falls straight through . . . . . one day
    Updated 8th of February 2024

Any turner I talk to I send to this site, so there may be a few within driving distance.

I went over today to see when they would be selling stuff individually, they said a month or so, if no one springs for the whole kit..

I looked at some of the big tools and all looked like they still had the factory grind.

The lathe looked quite used and one of the several chucks was very well worn. All were medium to good Chinese.

There were piles of roughed out bowls for sale, maybe the guy bought every tool he thought he might need and just used one bowl gouge.

I did ask discreetly and respectfully if the turner was filthy rich, and the shop guy said he was quite comfortable.

Oh to have $7000 of crazy money. Crazy money - Money left over after all the bills are paid, some put in savings, favorite charity taken care of, and new sofa bought.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by TTIT View Post
    Easy fixed! One day . . . . . when I get around to it . . . . . . . I plan on making one big heavy-duty drawer to go under the Stubby to hold all my chucks and chunky bits but it will have a mesh base so all the rubbish just falls straight through . . . . . one day
    But what if you are like the hot shot demonstrators and make big foot long shavings?

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by brendan stemp View Post
    Looks like this guy spent all his time collecting tools and little of it turning.

... but it's a good thing coz it makes people like Jim happy, which makes us all happy, and then someone else gets an extra good deal... unused tools for half price!
    Stay sharp and stay safe!

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Paul39 View Post
    But what if you are like the hot shot demonstrators and make big foot long shavings?
    I'm no hotshot or demonstrator but when I'm making foot-long-curlies (as in the 2nd video here), they land well away from the lathe and are very unlikely to drop in the drawer
    Updated 8th of February 2024

Quote Originally Posted by TTIT View Post
    I'm no hotshot or demonstrator but when I'm making foot-long-curlies (as in the 2nd video here), they land well away from the lathe and are very unlikely to drop in the drawer
    Rolling on the floor laughing. You're a Hot Shot Demonstrator! What a mess to clean up. How fast were you spinning the blank?

Paul

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast