Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Step by Step tutorial Project

If anyone is interested, I will be posting a step by step tutorial pyrography project on my blog site in the next week or so.

Whimsical Wood

This project will be a little different from my usual pyrography work in that it will be in a more 'decorative style', depending more on line work with only a little shading.

There are tones and shadows in the image but they will be rendered partly with watercolour paint. I haven't used colour extensively with pyrography before so I will be learning as I go.

My final intent for this piece is to cut it as a hand-crafted jigsaw puzzle on the scroll saw. I had begun this design as a relief woodcarving but I ran out of time to complete it. So as a carving it is on standby until I have the time.

So in response to a request I had, I will be posting the tutorial on the blog. Here is the image (below) as intended for carving. If anyone is interested in following this free tutorial I will have a link on the blog site to my website where the necessary Hi-Res patterns (free) will be located for down loading by drag and drop onto your desk-top.

Website
    Whimsical Wood Home Page

Blog
    http://www.whimsicalwood.blogspot.com.au

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

David, as I wrote in one of your last threads, your work is simply astonishing. I'm sure others share my sentiments. I'm very much looking forward to your tutorials and have subscribed to your website(s).

Bravo, you're an extremely talented man and I'm glad you've come here to share your work with us, I feel privileged.

Fantastic. I'll be there with bells on to watch you work your magic and maybe learn a thing a two. The only pyrography I've done was lighting trails of shotgun powder on my desk. Or maybe that's pyromania

David, looking forward to following your tutorial. Your home page and blog are very impressive. Thanks for sharing.

I've posted the first part of the tutorial on my blog site Whimsical Wood and the necessary patterns on my website Whimsical Wood Home Page ( go to the pyrography pages ). The patterns are in the form of a PDF file that can be downloaded and printed. The PDF is in an unusual format; 340mm X 190mm but it should be able to be printed full size on an A4 printer using a double A4 panorama setting or by printing two overlapping A4s.

If anyone wants to download the pattern and follow along but for some reason can't get the download to work, the just contact me and I'll email the file to you.

Brilliant work. thanks for sharing with us.
    Reality is no background music.
    Cheers John