Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile I'm turning at the wood show!!

Hi all,
    I have just been notified by the local Carbatec in Perth, and the manager has seen some of my work, and so he wants me to do my own demonstartion at the Perth 2006 wood show. I will be turning on all 3 days, and will be turning for around 7 hours a day! Everything will be ready for use.--lathe, chisels, wood, sandpaper, shallawax! All I have to do is turn it!! Can't wait!! :eek:

Hope to see you all there that live in Perth, I will be at the Carbatec booth.
    See you all there

Regards........Joash

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Thumbs up

Well done Joash Bet that will be a big buzz for you, congratulations When you get a break and have a look around, their should be a bloke their doing some turning by the name of Gordon Ward. Have a look at his work and have talk to him, he is one of the very best turners in Australia. One of the elite. You will get some great advise from him

Quote Originally Posted by Lignum
    Well done Joash Bet that will be a big buzz for you, congratulations When you get a break and have a look around, their should be a bloke their doing some turning by the name of Gordon Ward. Have a look at his work and have talk to him, he is one of the very best turners in Australia. One of the elite. You will get some great advise from him
    Thanks, I'll see how much time I get off, and then ask around for Gordan Ward, be interesting to see his work.

Regards..........Joash

Congratulations Josh!
    Just remember to have someone take some photos of you turning at the show so we can all see what you got up to!!
    Have a nice day - Cheers

Default Congrats!!

Good on you Joash!!!

It's wonderful to see a young bloke seriously bitten by the woodturning bug.

I've been absolutely obsessed by woodturning since the first day I got on a lathe back at school in Year 8. That would have been when I was about 14 I figure. I still remember the exact time, which lathe I was on, who showed me the ropes etc.

Most people wouldn't get it, but I know all the turners here would. Once you fall in love with a lathe, you're bitten for life!!!

Mate, you get there, and turn your heart out! If anyone has negative comments, just PM me their details and I'll hand deliver a bunch of shut the .... up !!!!

Keep the passion alive. It's great to see! There's worth things in life to get addicted to (though sometimes my wife wonders.....)

Congradulation!!!!

Talking

Thanks a lot guys, Ohhhhh!! I just can't wait. I will be going for an interview with Geoff and Joe at Carbatec this afternoon to work out the details. Let you know about that later. I will definately have a digital camera taken along, so I can put some shots on the internet.

@ Timbernut,
    I'll let you know if anyone says any negative comments. ---Poor guys

Thanks for the comments,

Regards............Joash

ss_11000 is offline You've got to risk it to get the biscuit

well done joash
    S T I R L O

Yeah thanks Stirlo, that's going to take some getting used to, standing up there in front of everybody, and what happens if the chisel digs in or if the skew catches (for the millionth time) or a piece comes flying off, or if.........or if........or if I get sssstaggge ffffrighttt, or if........ohhhh please no more!!

Catcha later,
    Regards.........Joash

Well done buddy..
    have fun
    Cheers Dy.|a.n.....

If it dont fit... get a bigger hammer!!

ss_11000 is offline You've got to risk it to get the biscuit

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzie turner
    Yeah thanks Stirlo, that's going to take some getting used to, standing up there in front of everybody, and what happens if the chisel digs in or if the skew catches (for the millionth time) or a piece comes flying off, or if.........or if........or if I get sssstaggge ffffrighttt, or if........ohhhh please no more!!

Catcha later,
    Regards.........Joash
    i'm sure you'll do well judging by the quality of your work...just take it slow and concentrate.
    S T I R L O

Yeah thanks

Smile Had the interview

Allrighty,

I have just got home from having an interview with Geoff and Joe. It is all set to go at the wood show this year. I am going to be turning on a MC1100, and will be turning mainly sheoak. I will mainly be turning smaller things, so that people don't get bored. Hope to see you all there----That is those that live in Perth

Catchya later,

Regards..........Joash

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzie turner
    Allrighty,

I have just got home from having an interview with Geoff and Joe. It is all set to go at the wood show this year. I am going to be turning on a MC1100, and will be turning mainly sheoak. I will mainly be turning smaller things, so that people don't get bored. I am going to be paid $100 per day for 3 days!!!:eek: Plenty to pick up all the late wood show specials. Hope to see you all there----That is those that live in Perth

Catchya later,

Regards..........Joash
    Have fun matey!
    I went to the Brisbane show for the first time this year, and had a ball!
    Went on the last day, as i live a fair way from Brizzy, but came away with a ripper lathe and chuck and bits and peices at good prices. The best part of it was the demo's, and you are going to be doing that!! Congratulations, and I reckon you will love it. I really enjoyed talking to all the old timers, who are top nothch woodworkers. If you get a chance, check out the woodturners clubs. They usually have some felas turning as well. Enjoy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast