Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: Peppertree

Default Peppertree

A bowl from Peppertree. Blank was taken off the timber pile of my FIL during the rain. Sopping wet, rough turned, microwaved dry, patched with epoxy, finished with EEE and Shellawax. Timber was very dusty but much more forgiving than the African Olive

Apologies for the photo quality,comments please,

Sebastiaan
    "We must never become callous. When we experience the conflicts ever more deeply we are living in truth. The quiet conscience is an invention of the devil." - Albert Schweizer

My blog. http://theupanddownblog.blogspot.com

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiaan56 View Post
    A bowl from Peppertree. Blank was taken off the timber pile of my FIL during the rain. Sopping wet, rough turned, microwaved dry, patched with epoxy, finished with EEE and Shellawax. Timber was very dusty but much more forgiving than the African Olive

Apologies for the photo quality,comments please,

Sebastiaan
    Matey, can't really comment on the bowl because the photos are so blurred.
    Is it your camera, or are you saving them in a very small format?
    Yesterday is history, tommorow is a mystery,TODAY is a gift- that's why it's called the PRESENT!!

I too would like to see some better pics of this bowl, Sebastiaan.

Despite the poor resolution it looks very promising - I'm sure the photos are not doing it justice. Nice deep form, interesting grain character - it appears you've done very well.

I was given a length (1.0m) of Pepper Tree trunk to play with a month or so ago, hence my particular interest in your piece. Just waiting for seasoning & inspiration. I hope I can do as well as your effort.

Wayne
    Don't Just Do It.... Do It HardenFast!!

Regards - Wayne

Hi guys,

Thanks for your replys, the poor thing has had an adventure or two with gravity since the last photos so it is a bit bashed up now. My youngest just got himself some mice so Im sure thay will end up using it,

Also a comment that photos show defects that are generally not visible to the naked eye, the tearout around the rim looks a lot better than on the photo. The photo is good feedback,

Thanks for looking,

Sebastiaan
    "We must never become callous. When we experience the conflicts ever more deeply we are living in truth. The quiet conscience is an invention of the devil." - Albert Schweizer

My blog. http://theupanddownblog.blogspot.com