Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aspire

Default Aspire

Vectric have released their new software called Aspire.

Most regulars here have probably already heard about it.

And Rod has most likely been beta testing it for a while. He's done the right thing and kept mum about it though.

It looks to have a lot of Artcam type 3D modelling tools.

http://www.vectric.com/WebSite/Vectr...ire_index.html

Perhaps Rod could give us a his thoughts on it now that it is released.

For those who already own Vcarve Pro there is an introductory upgrade price.

Shame about how the value of our dollar is at present.

Did a quick comparison and best buying is in UK pounds at the moment.

Greg

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Looks like a good product, but having bought the full V-carve/Cut 3D/PhotoVCarve bundle recently, I can't justify the outlay.

Hi Greg,
    I have not been on the Beta team for this one. The price is more for the professional or at least somebody that can recover the cost by selling their product.
    I knew Aspire was around but this is the first look I have had at it.
    Still getting over the price.
    Cheers,
    Rod

I have had a look at the videos on their website and it certainly looks like a great program. But as Rod said, the price is a bit of a shock!

I am wondering if some rich Aussie CNC member could buy the program and provide a service to their poorer CNC friends to develop custom designs and sell the G-code at modest cost? I have looked a couple of times at the 3D models that are being sold overseas, but at US$50 a pop or there abouts, plus exchange rate difference, they are just too expensive for us in the antipodes.

I will be interested to see what others think of the program.

Cheers,

Alan
    4 out of 3 people have trouble with fractions.

Yes, it looks nice... but the price for a hobbiest is not too good and as Rod says it is more for the professional user I think
    Cheers,
    Bob

http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com...og.php?u=14230 CNC Router Wood Suppliers

Yes well I swallowed my tongue when I found the price as well would have been good but just to many $$$ for my liking then you have the exchange rate I wont even bother thinking about that one.
    I like to move it move it, I like to move it.

i would strongly urge any one with vcarve pro to download the demo, watch the videos and decide whether it is worth it to wait until after the initial trade up offer is expired,

with other 3d at thousands more i had no trouble justifiying the cost,

this is one hang of a program

jim

http://www.vectric.com/WebSite/Vectr..._features.html

http://www.vectric.com/WebSite/Vectr...ire_index.html

http://www.vectric.com/forum/viewfor...a04889156a85e4

Yeh, its pretty flash stuff, But gee you would have to pump out a lot of goodies to even recoup the purchase price let alone start to make a profit. I think personally theyve overpriced the aspire package. So much so that it wont be that popular, becuase people are not using it.

Well I got over the price after reviewing a few of the other software packages.

Becasue I already have a VCarvePro license it cost $1,200 AUS at the then exchange rate.

First impression is that it is a big step above VCarve Pro and Cut3D and the feature that impresses me is the ability to make 3D drawings on screen without having to be a CAD guru. Click and drag stuff and for anybody already familiar with Vectric tools it is just an extension of their existing drawing set so the learning curve should be easy.

All the existing VCarve pro files upload in to the Aspire software which was a relief to me as I have hundreds of jobs on file. There is no need for me to open VCarve Pro anymore.

Once I get my new machine finished I wil run a couple of jobs and post them on the projects thread.
    Cheers,
    Rod

Default Aspire

i have had my aspire about two weeks and have to strugle to find time to work with it, like others i am no cad guru and work more from trial and error than knowing what key does what on the key board. i will say this i made my first file in less than 30 minutes!,, i must recommend watching the tutorials.

jim

Hi Jim,
    Yes I have spent the time waiting for delivery going over the videos. I have been using Vectric software for a couple of years and just point and click most of the time. I think this is the strength of their software that you do not need to invest a lot of time learning how to use it.
    Cheers,
    Rod

The software looks great, but getting approval from OC Home Command to finance the purchase is a hurdle at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by rodm View Post
    Well I got over the price after reviewing a few of the other software packages.
    I wondered how long it would take.

Good onya Rod. We will be looking forward to some pics of your 3D masterpieces.

Greg

Had to be someone like Rod to buy it, shame the exchange rate is so terrible at present

I would like it, but.... keep checking the exchange rate.... not yet.....

Good on you Rod, can you do a.....
    Cheers,
    Bob

http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com...og.php?u=14230 CNC Router Wood Suppliers

Well somebody had to bite the bullet.
    Glad none of you were here to observe the grovelling and false promises made.

Bob I only make thingys, doovalackeys and whatsits. Take your choice.
    Cheers,
    Rod

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast